⪻ 21 ⪼

Chapter Song: Break Up Song by Little Mix

Saturday, 12 October 2019

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Annie."

My bout of food poisoning felt like it went on for years when in reality it was only two or three days. Let me tell you, it was the longest two or three days in my entire lifetime.

Harry and I opted to stay put in Liverpool with Harry's family until I was feeling better. I couldn't imagine being stuck in a car for an hour and a half feeling like I had been. Between the motion of a moving car, the churning of my stomach, and the overall weakness I felt, I'm positive that drive would have been the end of me. Going home behind schedule was the only reasonable decision. Plus, Edward wanted to spend more time with Harry's family, so suppose it all worked out for the better. Even if I was ill, we did get to spend some quiet and quality family time together, which we don't get to do a lot.

Whilst the boys bonded over whatever is it they bonded over, Gemma, Juliette, and I bonded over tea, romantic comedies, and spending time outside in their spacious garden. It was nice after a day quarantined in Harry's bedroom to spend it out in the sun doing nothing in particular, but sit around and tan a little. And when the sun became too much, you can bet your buns that I enjoyed lounging on the couch watching romantic comedies. It was really, really nice. Even though Juliette gets on my nerves whenever anything wedding related comes up, I can't deny that our time spent together that weekend was fun. When you live with two boys any span of time spent with women is a good time.

After we settled back in after our mini holiday, I promised to take Edward out, just the two of us, for a makeup birthday celebration. Since I had to sit his party out, I figured this was the least I could do. We went and saw a film that Edward had been begging me to see, got ice cream before we played some footie in the park, and now we're sitting down for a quiet dinner at his favourite restaurant. We had stumbled upon the restaurant over a year ago and it had quickly become a favourite for our family and we ate here fairly often.

"You and me both, buddy." It's safe to say that I would not be ordering fish anytime soon. Just the thought of ordering something fishy has my stomach churning - I'm officially triggered by food. "Have you had fun today?"

Edward begins his exciting recollection of today's events, telling me how much he enjoyed the film and all the buttery popcorn he consumed. He even goes on about our "game" of football in the park, as if I wasn't even the one playing with him. In his defence though, it was a good game. We kept score and he kicked my åss 10-1. His excitement is refreshing and contagious, despite my bitterness towards my loss at the park. His smile puts a smile on my own lips.

"Annie?"

Somewhere in between the waitress collecting our empty plates and promising to bring Edward back a scoop of ice cream I had zoned out, staring blankly towards the window to my left. We could have stayed at the park for far longer if it hadn't been for the speckles of rain that had begun to fall. Now, sitting in the restaurant, I'm glad we left when we did because I would not have been keen to drive in the torrential downpour that's happening outside. That being said, we'll be staying here for a bit to see if it'll lighten up. Plus, I'm a little tired, so I don't feel like jumping back into the car, that's what I get for trying to keep up with an eight-year-old; it's exhausting.