⪻ 22 ⪼

Chapter Song: Water by Kehlani

Friday, 18 October 2019

⪻⪻⪼⪼

There aren't many occasions where I decide to stop by the hospital, unprompted and unscheduled.

The hospital really isn't a place for me to be if my intentions are just to visit with my fiancé, at least that's how I feel. Harry's job is extremely important, and he doesn't need his partner waltzing into his place of work and expecting his undivided attention. It's just not my place, he does his thing and I do mine. The last thing I want to be is a distraction. But there are occasions where the urge to see him becomes all too much and I decide to break my own rules of staying away. Take today for example.

Harry has been working so frequently and for such long hours that we haven't crossed paths in nearly a week. Whilst this may seem odd to most, it's honestly nothing new for us. He's been sleeping at the hospital, in an uncomfortable cot in his office, or crashing at Niall's house - which is in closer proximity to the hospital than our flat. I don't blame him, but I do wish he would have made the extra travel time. Our conversations are short bursts of texts, the occasional five-minute - maximum - phone conversations late at night, but that's pretty much it. For some reason, I just miss him so much this go around. His schedule had tapered down in the past month or so, but that lag didn't last long, perhaps that's why I miss him most now. Six nights of sleeping alone, six days without seeing his gorgeous face, and six drastically long days without kissing or touching. I've had enough.

With a quick message to Harry earlier on the topic of his schedule for the day, I'd discovered that he'd have some time to spare this evening. He had a few consults, two surgeries scheduled, and then copious amounts of paperwork and research to do in the evening. My genius mind decided preparing dinner for Harry and delivering it to him after a long week apart would be the solution to my yearning for him. Plus, the added bonus of possibly getting to do something a little bit more fun than kissing my fiancé sounds wonderful to me, even if we have to be quiet and get it on in his office - very unprofessional and not something I recommend.

So here I am, dressed in the sexiest dress I own - a short ruby, satin piece that I bought on a whim - hidden under a tan trench coat to avoid prying eyes from strangers. There's a bag full of food on my shoulder and a plate of fresh-baked cookies in my hand. I figured if I bribed the nurses in Harry's wing with sweets, they'd leave him be for just enough time for us to have a private dinner and some cheeky fun.

The journey to the Neurology and Neurosurgery wing of Manchester Royal is a fairly short walk from where I've parked Harry's car - even after all of these months of planning on getting a car I have still yet to follow through with it. Thankfully, Harry doesn't mind too much that I "steal" his.

I say a brief hello to the familiar faces I pass in the halls, but don't stop to have a chat, my mind too focused on the task ahead. There's presumably a shįt eating grin on my face, so I'm glad people don't stop to ask me about it, because honestly what could I tell them? Oh, I'm on my way to surprise and seduce my fiancé, who I haven't seen in forever, and I'm really happy because I miss him and I'm unapologetically horny for him. Somehow I don't think that'd go over too well with anyone, other than Niall.