𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄. 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣, 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤

"Mini!"

I jumped in my seat when two strong arms wrapped around my shoulder, the soft scent of Cedric calming after spending the last few days with Ron in the infirmary.

"Puff," I turned around on the bench, his arms falling to his side as he looked down at me.

"I have news," he was rocking back and front on his heels, a goofy little smile as his lips as I waited for him to spit it out.

"What's that?"

"I'll be spending over half the summer at the Greyheart residence."

I didn't think to ask why as I shot up from the bench in the Great Hall, laughing when his arm held me tightly to his chest.

"Wh-"

"My father taking my mother to the states for treatment."

I shouldn't have been so excited about Cedric's poor mother being in pain and hurting for a disease that not a soul knew anything about, but I had missed him and it would be nice to see him more often before he left Hogwarts for good.

"I'm so sorry Ced," I pulled away, giving him a small sad smile as I gave his side a small squeeze.

"Don't worry about it, she needs the help anyway."

I nodded, looking down to my feet wondering what to say but my thoughts were cut off when I heard my name called on the other side of the Great Hall. I looked around Cedric, Hannah waving at me widely with a piece of paper in her hands.

"Go, I'll see you on the train tomorrow." I smiled up at Cedric one last time before I spun around him and skipped to Hannah. The light was shinning against her eyes, the bright blue and little happy giggles made my heart grow, she deserved it after this year.

"What's up?"

"Ms. White invited me to stay with her this summer," she pointed to the parchment, the happiest bouncing off her onto the entire room around us.

"Are you going?"

"I suppose," Hannah shrugged, both of us in a deep conversation about the option as we took a seat with everyone at the Gryffindor table. She looked to the half-opened package that laid on the center of the table, Hermione slapping Ron's hand when he reached for it again.

"What's that?"

"It's for Harry, some first years thought it would be funny to open it. Ron caught them, I haven't seen them since," I sent Ron a wink, his pride shinning at him defending Harry's gift.

"Bet it's a bicycle," Noah yelled from beside me, covering my ear at how close he was to me. He gave an awkward laugh and lightly hit my shoulder with his fist.

"Ced tell ya?"

"Yep."

"What did pretty boy tell you?" Hannah's chin rested on my shoulder, smiling widely at the mention of Cedric.

"He's staying with us this summer," I rolled my eyes, reaching for a bread roll across the table when Neville offer them.

"I might have to decline my offer and stay at yours," Hannah took a bite out of my bread, smiling when I frown at her.

"Harry's here," Hermione's foot nudged me under the table, pointing as an early morning made his way into the Great Hall, his eyes barely opened and hair barely brushed.

"What's that?" Harry pointed to the gift, still barely awake as he almost tripped over his own feet.

"It's for you," Hermione handed him a small feather, one I remember vividly from a few nights ago as the wind ran over my cheeks.

"Ahh," Hannah slapped my shoulder pointed at the feather, a small laugh bubbling out the back of my throat. Harry smirked, un-wrapping the paper to reveal a Nimbus 2001 in all its glory. Different Quidditch fans sat around the table grew closer, Ginny listing off the different facts she had read about the broom.

"Test run?" Noah asked Harry, one eyebrow raised as Harry smiling widely and nodded his head. Everyone started to stand up, ready to run out the courtyard but I stayed seated, still a little hungry.

"I'll be out in a second," I called back, everyone telling me to hurry and Neville telling me he'd wait with me if I wanted but I told him to go ahead without me. I sat in silence for a minute, grabbing a few things Noah had left on his plate for myself.

"(Y/N)!"

I looked beside me, Lavender taking a seat beside me with a wide smile. I returned the smile, growing closer with the blonde girl as we both tended to have trouble sleeping at night.

"I found this under my bed, is it yours?"

I looked at the small parchment, the words "Good Luck" was all I needed to see to know what the small parchment was. It must have fallen out when I was packing or something along those lines.

"Yeah, thank you!"

"Of course, I'm sorry if it was personal I-"

"Oh it's fine, just a good luck note from my parents," the lie was easy off my tongue, smiling when Lavender skipped way to sit with her friends on the other end of the table. I waited till I knew she wouldn't look back at me and opening the notes all the way.

I observed the note closely for the first time in a long time, so many things had happened I hadn't even thought of the first mystery I had before I arrived at the school.

The flowing letters and little quirks seemed familiar now, something different as I read over and over the four words. I frown, reaching for my infirmary release papers that I had shoved in my robe pockets a few days ago.

I laid them beside each other, looking at the two signatures beside one another and something clicked in my brain.

Dumbledore had sent me the letter back in the first year.

The handwriting was the same, the fact he stood up when I was sorted, the fact he'd look to me for answers.

I was somehow connected to Albus Dumbledore.

I let my forehead land on the table, closing my eyes and letting the memories run over and over in my head.

This wasn't what I had planned to learn this year, but it seemed that was out of my control.

I guess there is always next year.

For some of us...

It was nice to say those words and mean it.

omgomg fourth year book is next, omgomg i can't believe it's actually here!!

book four layout will be different (i plan to change the layout of all the books eventually)

i think i'm going to publish the characters page for "Oh Merlin" (Ms. White/ Wolfstar book) later today or something

SOOO how do we feel about what we learned in year three?