𝙓𝙓𝙄. 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣?

"Do you think they'll kill him?"

I shrugged my shoulder against the wind as we made our way down to Hagrid's house, planning to meet him at the Black Lake after the trail. I knew better than to underestimate the Malfoy's as they were the type to get what they want and nothing else, but sometimes things play out in our favor.

I bumped shoulder with Harry as we made our way down, his eyes trained to his shoes and he thought over Godric knew what.

"Harry?"

"Hmm," he lifted his head, the wide emerald green eyes I had known for years stared at me. I wanted to tell him that Hagrid and Buckbeak would be perfectly fine but I couldn't lie to him because chances were the Malfoy won the cases and got everything they wanted.

"How was the lesson with Lupin?"

He nodded, looking back to his feet as we all followed Ron and Hermione, who were bickering over something, as Hannah kept an easy pace on the other side of me.

The wall was weirdly calm for the news we were waiting for, the weather was calm and the wind was nice against my skin. I listen closely as our feet crushed leaves that laid dead on the ground beneath us. In all honesty, this was the calmest moment I think I've had all year, the refreshing sounds of the Black Lake as we approached and the wind that tickled my nose was something I could get used to.

"We really need to get out more often," there I was, speaking without thinking as I did often.

"I agree," Hermione jumped in, spinning slightly to nod at me, but I was sure she was mostly looking for an out of this argument with Ron.

Before she could turn back to face forward, a branch caught her robes just enough to bring her falling to the hard ground. Ron jumped forewords, his arm reaching out to grab her middle before she tumbled down with the leaves.

"Bloody hell Hermione," the whisper was just loud enough for us to hear as he slowly bought her back to her feet.

"Thank you, Ronald," Hermione dusted off the little dirt she had on her robes and gave Ron a gentle smile.

"Well (Y/N), maybe Hermione shouldn't be outside more," Hannah raised an eyebrow at Hermione, which was easily brushed off as we heard the sound of water splashing and what seemed to sound like snuffle.

"Hagrid."

Harry didn't wait for a peep from anyone, rushing to where the noise echoed off the trees. Ron looked back to Hannah and me before we all tried to keep pace with Harry. Once we found the shore of the Black Lake we spotted the giant, tossing pebbles across the greenish-blue water.

"What'd they say?"

The little silence felt suffocating as we all waited for an answer.

"Don't tell me they fired you," Ron threw his hands in the air and let them fall back to his side.

"No, no, no," Hagrid was quick to dismiss the idea but we still had no idea about anything for the matter.

"And Buckbeak?"

Hannah's foot tapped rapidly on the ground, her arms holding the Weasley sweater she received last year held tight to her arms as the breeze picked up.

"They've sentenced 'hm to death," it was almost impossible to understand over the thick accent and the way his voice broke.

A gasp fell past Hannah and Hermione's lips, my hand flying to cover my mouth at the thought of poor little Buckbeak's last sight of the ax swinging down.

I knew the Malfoy's were powerful, it was a known fact in the Wizarding World, but getting a creature sentenced to death was hard after books were published about their care.

It wasn't an easy job to put it simply and the Malfoy's managed to do it within one single hearing.

"Merlin's beard," Hannah muttered under his breath, I would laugh with the recent knowledge of Hannah descendants if the timing wasn't so horrible.

"It's all Malfoy's fault," Harry roared, him turning from the rest of us to looking back into the forest, his eye glaring over each tree.

"They can't do that, can they?"

Ron turned to Hermione, his eye glaring with a question that we all knew the answer to. Buckbeak would be killed and there wasn't anything we could do to stop the evil act.

I walked over to Harry, who still stood watching the forest as if he was waiting for something to come out and attack him. My arm wrapped around his limp one, letting my head rest on his shoulder as we waited for Godric knew what.

"This isn't just about Buckbeak, yeah?"

Harry didn't say a word, but it didn't feel like he had to anymore. After all, it was never just about one thing anymore but everything until the icing filling the cake so much that your teeth would rot.

"He was supposed to be my Godfather, blimey what would've happened if they didn't catch him."

I said nothing, still confused about the whole situation. I had slowly made headway in the journal but it still felt dangerous to tell Harry or Ron, with the way he's acted I don't blame their dislike for him as I've slowly grown the same image, but nevertheless, he gave me this journal and I needed answers.

"They bought up Hannah, said Sirius was her legal guardian but I couldn't hear the rest and I needed to leave before I got caught."

I felt my head begin to hurt with everything I was trying to wrap my head around.

"But I thought Hannah wasn't related to Black," I took my head off his shoulder, looking up at him. His eyes were already trained on me, shrugging as he looked back to the Dark Forest.

"We should be heading back," Hermione spoke gently, careful of Hannah and her idea it was her fault.

I nodded, pulling Harry's arm but he didn't move an inch.

"Did you think this would be over after the first year?"

He turned to look at me again, the eye of spring grass looked into my soul it felt. How do you answer something like that?

"I guess I hoped, but deep down I think I always knew I'd be like this."

Harry nodded, looking back to the forest once more before turning and moving from my grip to hug Hagrid.

"I'm so sorry," Hannah spoke again, her eyes watery as she looked up at Hagrid.

"I told 'ya, it wasn't 'your fault."

Hagrid gave her a sweet innocent smile before we all said our good-byes. We all made our way back from the direction we came, doing our best not to imagine poor Buckbeak chain to Hagrid farm with this look in their eye.

Even he knew this year wasn't over yet.

another chapter with some harry x (y/n) moments because yall been asking!!!

thank you all again for 100k reads on book 1, i started writing this story summer before 8th grade when i didn't know how to use a comma. i never thought it would get this many reads but i'm so grateful for how far i've come.

i love you all!!