𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙄. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙤𝙜𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨

The warm fire filled the common room with ease, The Guide to Wand Core was held tight in my hands as I read over the words. Still looking for my core, but I'd searched throughout the 'T' section and nothing.

I pouted, throwing the book to the other end of the couch, ignoring the little anger that bubbled in me and grabbed my bad. I considered going back into the dorm but begin back at Hogwarts made the nightmare feel worst. Maybe it had to be with Harry and Hannah being connected with a mass murderer or maybe I was nervous about the trouble Oden would get into.

Whatever it is, I pushed it aside and pulled out a book on magical creatures Hannah gave me a while back I never around to read. I spun the bracelet Hermione gave me back in first year and let the words take over my thoughts.

"Ouch!"

I jumped up from the couch, holding my wand close to my chest at the deep voice that had echoed off the walls of the castle.

I couldn't see anyone, the only light that filled the room was the little bit from the fire that was slowly dying out.

"Lumos," I felt my voice crack, the thought of Sirius Black hiding behind one of those pillars sent shivers down my spine. What if he kidnapped me for blackmail over Harry and Hannah?

Suddenly a small end table rocked as if a hip had pushed it over. I frowned, walking over to the end table and feeling around. I grabbed a shoulder, rolling my eyes and I pulled it down to see Harry Potter stand with his wand that had light fall from the top and that map held in his palm.

"You're so clumsy," I muttered, walking back over to the couch and fall onto it with a small tump.

"Am not!"

His voice was deep, deeper than normal, I brushed it off as the early morning of not talking but I knew it was probably other things as well. He coughed twice, walking over to sit on the other end of the couch with me.

"I can always trust you, right?"

The question itself went straight to my heart, not in a good way. I've followed him through a nasty forest and giant chess games, yet he still had to ask?

"Of course," I sat up, moving to look at the map in held in his hand tightly.

"Do you know of a Peter Pettigrew?"

The name was familiar, something I thought I heard my father mention once but I knew it from somewhere else. The few ink lines I could pull from the pages of the journal spoke of a short boy with shaggy blonde hair.

Peter Pettigrew.

"I've heard of him, sure."

"Well, he's supposed to be dead."

I didn't know that.

"Okay?"

"He's walking around on the map," Harry moved the map closer to me, holding out his wand to see the name Peter Pettigrew running around some of the corridors of the castle. They were running fast, turning corners as if they were nothing. From the few things I read from the journal, this seemed out of character but considering the man was supposed to be dead I didn't think he was an important detail.

"I'm going to go find him."

I looked up to Harry, his glasses falling off his face and he turned to look at me so quickly I thought he hurt his neck.

"Blimey Harry, why would you do that to yourself?"

It was a stupid question I supposed as he's chased down Voldemort and giant spiders simply because he could.