𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄. 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡

"(Y/N) would you stop pacing?"

I did my best to take Hermione's words to heart, but the thought of Harry out there all alone was breaking my heart.

Was he okay?

Where is Sirius?

What happened to Peter?

"Hand me a rag dear," Madam Pomfrey's soft voice reached my ears and she beckoned me over to the other side of Ron. Hermione sat in the chair beside in bed and Hannah had her back leaned up against the bedside table, staring at the wall.

I made my way to Ron's side, I need to focus on what I can control.

Control, I had none of that anymore it felt. Every living thing was out of my control. Harry's safety was out of my control. Oden leaving was out of my control. Peter freaking Pettigrew was out of my control.

I was so close, I could have grabbed him or-

"It wasn't your fault (Y/N)," Hermione caught my hand, looking up at me with sincere eyes. I smiled back, grounding myself and moving to Pomfrey.

"Wrap this along his leg, I need to grab something," I nodded at took the rag from a few bed table down, moving with grace as I delicately wrapped the wound on Ron's leg.

"I'm sorry if it stings," I looked at Ron from under my eyelashes before wrapping it. His leg tensed but slowly smooth out as time went on.

"Bloody hell," Ron muttered under his breath.

"Bloody for sure," I spoke up, looking down at his pant leg that was covered in blood.

Ron rolled his eyes, finding humor in my little comment. Hannah's little giggle broke me from the leg, looking at the girl who still sat on the floor of the infirmary.

"You okay Hannah?"

She shrugged, her eyes still trained on the white wall ahead.

"Yeah, so I've been living a lie my whole life, that cool I guess," Hannah's word was detached, nowhere near where her mind was.

Suddenly the door of the wing flew open, Pomfrey walking briskly before  I stopped the floating gurney behind her. Harry was laying, lips blue and his face lifeless.

"Ms. Greyheart, take care of Weasley," she turned to me once Harry was placed on a bed not far from the one Ron laid on. Before I could argue, she closed the sheet and gave a quick spell so I couldn't open it.

I let my eyes watch her shadow run around the small space, hovering over Harry as she did what she knew was best.

"Well come on Healer Greyheart, you heard her."

I turned to look at Ron, doing his best to muster a smile as he nodded to his leg that still needed some cleaning to do.

"If mum found out you didn't help take care of me she throws a fit," Ron nodded at me, grounding me again. I nodded, smiling to myself as I reached for a better rag, grabbing a numbing potion and slowly rubbing it on the leg.

"You'll make an excellent Healer in the future," Hermione commented, watching my hand and Ron's face for any sign of pain.

"If we make it to the future," Hannah muttered back, jumping to balance on her heel as she looked over at me from the other side of the bed.

"Vold-a-wart might find us first," she spoke jokingly, winking over the bed at me with a pleased smile. I small giggle fell past my lips and Hermione pushed her shoulder which caused her body to tumble over.

"Oh Godric (Y/N) laughing, we must be in mortal danger," Ron commented, looking at me with raise eyebrows.

"I wouldn't mess with her, she does have her hand in your leg," Hermione laughed as I pocked a less damaged piece of his leg.

"Ouch!"

I nodded, getting back to work on cleaning out the little bit left, and then would bandage the whole thing up. As I focused on the leg, Hannah made a joke about how each of us would fight Voldemort.

"Harry would disarm him and run," Hannah mention, shrugging as Ron giggled along with her.

"She makes a point," Ron shrugged, Hermione and I doing our best to hold back snickers.

"Hermione would bore him to death with her books," Hannah looked at Hermione, earning her another shove that caused her to fall back into the bedside table.

"Maybe he likes history," Hermione tried to defend herself but it only caused us into another fit of giggles, this time Hermione join.

"Realistically, Hermione would be the only one who knew the spell to defend him," Hannah spoke sincerely, smiling when Hermione grabbed her hand and squeezed it once.

The sheet that hides Harry from us flung open, Madam Pomfrey dusting her hand off her apron as she made her way over to us.

"Very good, can you bandage it?"

I nodded, looking up at her as I waited for something about Harry. She looked between us, each waiting for an answer.

"He'll be fine, he asleep for now but he'll wake shortly."

I felt myself let out a deep-rooted breathe, happy to hear some good news. Godric knows we needed it. Wrapping the off-white bandage around Ron's leg, I let my nerves calm for the first time for what felt like that year.

Maybe I didn't have control over most things, maybe I was fighting death off with a wooden sword, but I wasn't the only one.

Noah couldn't control his best friend become his lover, that's a good thing.

Hannah couldn't control finding out her truth, that wasn't that bad.

Oden couldn't control where he felt welcomed, I just wanted him happy.

So control was something few of us had if any, and that calmed me enough as he waited for Harry to wake.

i'm back!!!

i'm going to be pre-writing and doing some other stuff here and on tumblr so...

i also made an ao3 so we'll see how that goes