𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄. 𝙡𝙂𝙗𝙩𝙦+

The sobs were light as I turned the corner of one of the corridors of the castle. I couldn't pin where they were truly coming from but I knew they had to be close.

The paper for Professor White would have to wait as I shove it in the tote over my shoulder. I let myself look around the other corner closest to me. Noah had his back leaning against the wall as he sat on the cold floor. His head was held in his hands as his body racked with sobs.

I frowned, slowly walking to my brother as he cried his eyes out.

"Noah?"

He jumped from his skin, looking up with wide red eyes, his cheek puffy from the tears that ran down his cheeks.

"Sis!" His voice cracked, him barely able to get the words out before a few more tears pass from his eyes. I slowly descended to the floor beside him, rubbing his forearm as he looked to me with a wobbly smile.

"Please tell me mom and dad are you," I spoke gently, my heartbreaking at the thought of my parents hurt.

"No, no they're fine."

I frowned, trying to find something that would make my brother cry. Noah Greyheart didn't like crying, he preferred laughing or smiling in the rough patches, not that he never cried.

He cried when we were kids and he ran into the glass door thinking it was open, he cried when he got into Hogwarts, and he cried yesterday when I showed him Oden's letter. Noah didn't cry often, but he did cry and when he did he never knew how to let someone in.

"Wanna tell me what happened?"

He looked at his cheap red sneakers, his eyes trained on the twins drawing and Lee's signature they put back in first year.

"I want too, but I don't think you want me too," his words hurt. I was his sister and of course I wanted him to tell me.

"Noah."

Suddenly he was sobbing again, turning to me with a shaky breath and grabbing my robes. I didn't dare move, holding his head to my collarbone as he let tears wet my robes. I let little hushes fall from my lips, making sure he knew I wasn't moving.

It felt funny, me comforting Noah. Over the years he's been my big brother who I could always turn to, and this wasn't the first time he'd cry to me but it felt different. I've watched people fall apart, myself included, over the past three years. So watching my brother sobbed into my robes felt different, a weird difference.

"I-i'm so-o sorry."

I frown, trying to move his head from my collarbone but he didn't budge in the slightest. I stopped the small fight and let his head stay resting where it was.

"Why are you sorry Noah?"

"I-i didn't think."

"Hey, Noah it's okay."

He took a single breath in, a single deep breath that calms his nerves by the looks of it. He stayed like that for a few seconds longer before he gave a shaky explanation.

"I-i uhm, I kissed him, Lee I mean."

I let my eyebrows draw for a second, trying to think the words over. Noah kissed Lee, his best friend.

"Do you like Lee?"

I didn't understand why he was apologizing, he liked Lee, it wasn't him hurting someone. He never needed to apologize for his own happiness, never to anyone.

"I-i might," Noah words were coming together better down, his head moving slightly to look at the side of mine.

"Then why are you sitting here?"

I knew I was probably down playing this, I mean my brother was obviously having a moment but to me Noah was finding his place within himself, why should that change anything?

"Yo-I- you're okay with me kissing Lee?"

I looked to Noah's eyes, they were searching my face for an answer almost, but I knew my answer.

"Hell yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

The question was so genuine I was surprised Noah even looked to be questionable of my own words.

"I-i'm into g-guy (Y/N), I'm gay."

"I would hope you liked guys if you're kissing them."

Noah let his arms wrap around me gently, his head still resting on my shoulder as we stayed leaning on the wall. It all was starting to make sense, the consent letter, the little petty comments when the other went out with a girl.

The only question left was if Lee liked Noah back, which I believe I had an answer for but it wasn't my place.

"Thanks for accepting me for me."

His words slammed against my heart, my arm pulling him closer to my side with a pleased smile.

"I wouldn't want you any other way Noah."

Footsteps were heard from the corner I came from seconds ago, my head turning to see Lee heavy breathing from the end of the hall. Noah grip on me tightened as he looked up to Lee.

I gave a light smile, slowly standing from Noah's arm and waving at Lee. His eyes were wide as he looked at me, panic in his voice as he spoke.

"Can your brother an-"

"Please, I need to turn a paper in," I pulled the long forgotten essay from my bag and began my walk away from the two. I stayed in place for a second, wondering if it would be wrong if I eavesdropped.

"Noah, I- I've been thinking about doing that thing you did, yeah that, for months."

I nodded, a happy smile across my cheeks as I walked calmly away from the hall. This wasn't my conversation to hear.

i'd die for noah

also since jkr is a nasty ass human we are going to give the harry potter series some diversity in as many aspects as i can fit

i've been planning this since the book started just didn't know when be best

also i never wanted noah whole personality to be the fact he's gay so if it seem out of the blue i'm sorry