𝙓𝙄𝙑. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩

The five of us sat around the couch in the Gryffindor common room, each of our eyes beside Hannah glued to the letter held in my hand.

𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖔 𝕷𝖚𝖈𝖎𝖚𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖑𝖋𝖔𝖞,

𝘈𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘩 𝘚𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦. 𝘞𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮.

𝕷𝖚𝖈𝖎𝖚𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖑𝖋𝖔𝖞

"Oh Godric," Harry muttered from one side of me, his eyes scanning over all the words like a storybook. I barely understood it all, Hannah who was raised a muggle turned to be a descendant of Merlin, a Gryffindor descendant of Merlin at that. Then to add it all Malfoy was her guardian angel in a sense, meaning Malfoy that barely had a nice bone in his body.

I thought back to Buckbeak and the way he jumped when Hannah hit him in the library first year. Malfoy has known Hannah longer than Hannah even did.

"Hannah, how are you?"

I looked to Hermione who now sat beside the blonde in front of the roaring fire. Her hand rubbed circles on her shoulder, I let Ron take the paper from my fingers and moved to the other side of my friend.

"I'm brilliant, so I've been living a lie my whole life, that cool I guess," her words felt far away, her eyes zoned in on the roaring fire that sat before us, someone was going to come out of it or it was going to eat her whole.

"I guess that's why you always say Merlin instead of Godric," Ron spoke from the couch, his eyes wide as he read the letter for those who want time.

"Malfoy is dead when I see him."

Hannah stood up from the floor, Hermione and I giving each other worried eyes before looking up at the fuming girl.

"He thinks he is protecting me! Where was he when I was bleeding from a giant game of chest or when I was in that stupid Chamber," she spoke quickly, looking to each of us with red cheeks.

"Hannah, he didn't know," Hermione spoke as calmly as possible, something I envy greatly.

"He should have! Besides I'm a descendant of Merlin I don't need some pathetic little boy keeping his eyes on me."

She collapsed on the couch beside Ron, who looked just as scared as the rest of us at the situation.

"I'm going to kill him with my bare hands," Hannah words were covered in venom, shiver ran up my spine at the look on her face.

I sat on the floor, letting memories of the past of Malfoy come flooding in. Did he hate Hannah? But he kept her safe?

The headache was coming on strong as Hannah ranted about Malfoy to Hermione, Harry, and Ron. I tried to focus but everything was coming in full. Malfoy tells me about Oden twice, the fact that his biggest fear was his father, the fact that he was tasked to protect Hannah. I let the words pass through my brain of the letter, then Sirius Black came into thought and I didn't even realize I was speaking until all eyes were on me.

"It says you have a past with Sirius Black," Hannah finally stopped talking and thought over my words.

"That's why I must have seen him in the mirror," Harry jumped at that, looking at Hannah with furrowed brows.

"You saw Sirius Black in the mirror?"

Hannah only nodded, ignoring everyone stares but my own. Her blue eyes bored into mine, a thought over each possible situation in my head but none seemed to make sense.

"I'm going to find Malfoy," Hannah stood up quickly, but lucky Ron grabbed her arm and pulled her back to the seat.

"Can't let ya do that," he muttered as she gave him the death glare.

"He knows the truth."

"He also doesn't know you stole that letter from him yet," Harry held the letter in the air, giving her a "told ya so" look.

"And?"

"And we don't know any of the consequences yet," Hermione tore the letter from Harry's hand, handing it to me.

"Put this somewhere safe until we know more."

I sat up, giving everyone an awkward thin-lipped smile before heading up the stairs to our dormitory. I opened the door, slipping into the room where Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil sat on one of their beds talking.

"(Y/N)!"

"Lavender?"

She jumped from the bed, dragging me to where they both sat with small little smiles playing at their lips.

"You remember Wyatt?"

I sat for a minute, trying to put a face to a name. The small sweet boy with curly hair that had a weird obsession came into my brain, I nodded while the two girls jumped up in excitement.

"Well he's in the states for the year for a personal thing, but he sent Parvati a picture and said to tell you he can't wait to see you next year."

Parvati held the picture out to me, Wyatt stood between two older boys and an older girl stood at the end of the line up, His curls were more grown out, his posture better and his braces looked to be off.

"Oh, that's nice," I handed the paper back to Parvati, turning to put the letter in my truck and heading out the room before I was roped into gossip I didn't care much about.

"Isn't he cute?"

"I mean I guess," I brushed the question off, smiling and waving to the girls before I headed back down the stairs to see Hannah being squeezed between the twins as they talked about god knows what. Where Harry and Ron sat earlier was Lee and Noah, whose feet sat in Lee's lap as they laughed at something the twins said.

"(Y/N)," Harry called up to me, smiling to me as I headed down the stairs to stand beside him.

"She looks calmer."

"She wouldn't tell the twins the truth but they felt bad so they're going to prank him anyways."

this chapter sucks, im so sorry but i promise it will ger better!!