𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙄. 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙤 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙤𝙪𝙩

"Your turn."

Harry looked over the small tic-tac-toe game we had drawn in the dirt, studying in the board so hard I thought his eyes would jump out his head.

"It's definitely going to be a CAT game," Hannah looked over my shoulder, looking at the little game just as closely.

"No way," Harry muttered, putting his O under one of my X's. Suddenly Hermione, who was leaning against my back, stood up quickly. I turned to look, Hermione's finger pointed as we spotted Lupin and White's head to pop out the whole.

"It's us," I muttered, standing up so quick I sent Hannah tumbling to the ground, turning around in shock as I looked down at her.

"I'm so sorry," I held my hand out for her, helping her from the ground back to her feet. She grumbled at me, giving me a deadpanned look before hitting my shoulder lightly.

"You're impossible to stay mad at, it's annoying."

I smiled, turning to see Harry and Hermione watching all of us with a close eye. Hannah and I made room between the two, watching everyone branch into their own conversation in a way.

"He was telling me we could live together, even said he'd try and get Hannah to come."

I looked to Harry as he watched Sirius and himself closely, his eyes almost glassy just thinking about it. It reminded me of first year when he saw his father quidditch trophy. I reached my pinky around, locking it around his pinky as I studied him.

He looked so hurt, so broken for someone our age. We were just kids, running from the world that couldn't leave us alone.

"Pettigrew," Hannah pointed as Peter grabbed my wand out of my back pocket, turning himself back from human to rat. I looked away, still anger I even let that happen. I should have been paying more attention, I knew what he was capable of and I didn't pay attention.

"Let's go," Harry took off running around the forest, following Lupin, White, and Black past the willow. I drew myself from my thoughts, taking off after him. Hermione and Hannah were behind me. We jumped over different branches, doing our best not to get caught up in the wrong part of the forest. Harry stopped, watching the scene of Lupin looked down at White and Black.

"He'll kill them," Hannah spoke, leaning closer to Hermione. Hermione looked at Hannah, turning back to the scene while cupping her hands around her mouth. She let out a loud howl, one that rang through the air. It almost got Lupin's attention, his movement stopping for a second before he looked back to Harry.

I nodded at Hermione, cupping my own hands around my mouth. We counted in our head, at three both letting loud howls fall from our lips. Lupin looked up, almost making eye contact with us.

He jumped into the field between him and us, running closer to us by the seconds.

"Merlin," Hannah yelled, turning and running back deeper into the forest. I didn't waste time, grabbing the first jacket I felt, I think it was Hermione's and took off into the forest. I was praying to every dead wizard that Harry was running behind up and not trying to play hero for once.

My legs burned as we ran over different hills, doing our best not to run over a tree root. My ribs were starting to hurt and I realize how much running I had actually done. Why didn't they teach us this in school? You know, running from werewolves, it seemed really important right now.

I watched Hannah dive behind a tree waving us over to her. Hermione and I both picked up the pace, running as fast as we could as we ran to Hannah who had her arm open for us. Harry was close behind, running into my back when he stopped. His hands gripped my shoulders, my chest pressed against Hermione's as we all packed against one another.