𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄. 𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩: 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙨

I left my fork run around the little food left on my plate, for I ate most of it but the rest didn't feel appetizing anymore. I looked up at the call of my surname but realized it was Ginny jumping in her seat and Sage made her way over.

"Morning," Sage gave a bright smile in my direction with a funny little wave, the first thing all morning to calm my nerves. I returned the wave, which made Sage smile brighter if possible as she leaned her head closer to Ginny as she whispered something in her ear.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, looking beside me with Hermione who's eyes were practically pointing to my plate. I shrugged, looking back to the plate. I could lie to Snape after running around corridors with Harry, but I could look Hermione in the eyes and lie to her.

She meant way too much to me.

"When will this all end?"

Hermione said nothing, letting her think finger run over my back and we waited for the bell to ring for Divination. The sound of the owls screeching was comforting, something familiar that felt almost safe. I watched the Daily Prophet fall in front of Noah, Lee and the twin jumping up to read it over his shoulder.

A different tabloid fell before Ginny, Sage reading the colorful words over her shoulder and I assumed it was familiar to them and that was enough for me.

Suddenly, the soup Ron was eating on the other side of me splashed, running down the side of my cheek. Harry's laugh boomed off the walls of the Great Hall, Hannah's soon followed after.

In the soup sat a letter, addressed to me, but the ink was slowly running. Hermione suppressed her giggles, reaching her hand out for the letter with her arm drawn. I slowly pulled it from the soup, Hermione giving a wave of her wand as she gave a soft whisper of a spell, the soupy water was going from the letter and the ink was back where it belonged.

"This is why I like Hermione more," I stuck my tongue at Hannah who sat beside Fred, her hand over her mouth as snorts fell from her lips.

I rolled my eyes jokingly, pulling the letter into my lap and turning it over to see the same crest with two large wands. I smiled, pleased Ollivander didn't forget about me as I hadn't received a letter from him.

Dearest Greyheart,

I'm sorry for this late letter, the year has bought me some stress I must tend to. As in this letter, I feel the need to remind her of your power. As your mother and father informed me, you've been confused about your wand core for some time now.

I find the best answer is in the thinnest of books.

Stay safe as danger awaits every corner this year.

Sincerely, Ollivander

I frown, annoyed that his quote gave me nothing this year as he normally did.

"Who's in form?"

Harry lightly nudged my foot, trying to extend his neck to look at the parchment that was held tightly in my hand.

"Nobody," I slipped the letter into my robe pocket and looked back to my plate.

I hate lying to Harry, it made my stomach crap and my head hurt, but how do you explain to The Boy Who Lived about your minor wand core problems when a mass murder and a follower of the Dark Lord was after him.

You just can't, so maybe if I found an answer or if everything calmed for a year I'd sit down on the couch with him surround by candy from Honeydukes and giggle about the crazy mystery together. Until then he would have to stay in the dark because he needed my full attention right now and I was willing to give that much.