Chapter 28

- Jasmine's POV- 

I bit into the crisp sour apple that had been laying on the counter top while looking at my mom.

"Honey, Julia called and told me some important information....THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO!" she started yelling after she saw I wasn't paying attention to her. I huffed under my breath and looked up meeting her blazing blue green eyes.

"Fine. But who's Julia?" I asked

"Mrs. Grant" she said and my attention peaked at Jacob's mom's name. Obviously my mom noticed this and raised her eyebrows.

"Why the sudden interest?" she asked with a smirk and narrowed eyes.

"Nothing" I stammered but I am 100 percent sure my cheek's shade of red gave my act away and my resolve began to crumble. She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Continue" I gritted out annoyed and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. Not a appreciative site when my mom does it by the way.

"Anyways, she said Sophia. You know her little daughter. Has to do an report on a young female in her neighborhood and she picked you!"

"Really?!" I asked in surprise

"I don't really know why" I heard my mom say under her breath and I glared at her

"So you  have to go over to their house cause her project's due tomorrow." she said and I looked at her confused

"I already called the school and told them your sick" she said with a wave of her hand and I shrugged. Yay! No school for me I guess. But then I wont get to see Jacob at school. God! I sound like a love sick puppy.

"Ok" I said 

"Ok, I got to go. Bye honey! I'll drop Max at school today!" she said and grabbed her coat. Then she left dragging my barely conscious brother behind her.

Now I was all by myself, since my dad was gone also because he went in early. I finished the tart apple grabbed a bottle of  water out of the fridge and opened the cap. After letting the cool water cleanse my throat, I yawned feeling tired. I guess I will take a nap. I dragged myself to the couch, water bottle still in hand and I plopped down on the cozy material.

- 4 hours later- 

Shit! I woke up in a hurry. I checked the time. I slept for 4 hours, dayum! I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing jean shorts and a tank top with a sweater over it. Hmmmm, I'm gonna go change into something more comfy. I ran up the stairs to my room and threw the half empty water bottle on my bed. I went in my closet and pulled out light blue jeans, with a white top and a pretty grey cardigan my aunt had gotten me. I quickly changed into the outfit, since I had already showered and then I grabbed my grey bag and slipped on my grey flats.

I opened the front door letting the slightly cool air to make an appearance and then I locked the door from the outside. I walked over to my neighboor's house, The Grants. After realizing there was no doorbell I hesitantly raised my hand and knocked. Soon the smiling face of Mrs. Grant appeared. 

"Hi Jasmine! I am so glad you came! Sophia is very excited to work on this report with you. Please, come in." she said opening the door wider, gesturing me to come in. I stepped in the house and the smell of warm cinnamon hits me immediately. 

"Mom! Who is it?!" I heard a small girly voice say and I instantly recognized it as Sophia's. She then showed up around the corner and smiled brightly as she saw me.

"Hi, Soph" I said and grinned. When Jacob just moved here, I always used to come over and have "tea parties" with Sophia but that kind of changed when my parents became busier.