Chapter 32

-Jasmine’s POV-

I couldn't believe that bitch! Excuse my language. The way Suzy just came up to Jacob asking all superior, was nauseating. I mean, they obviously knew each other, but I wonder how. As soon as Suzy left the entire table looked at Jacob with raised eyebrows.

“What?” he questioned us innocently and drank his Gatorade. I wanted to strangle him for being so oblivious.

“That was one of the two….DEVILS” Marissa shouted and I flinched at her bluntness. As soon as the sentence exited her mouth, Jacob’s drink that was in his mouth went flying across the table. I looked over at him in surprise. He had a face filled with worry, surprise, shock and most importantly guilt. Why would he be guilty?

“EW MAN!” Matt exclaimed, his face covered in blue beverage.

“Sorry” Jacob said with a grimace and handed him a napkin.

“What’s up with you?” I questioned him with a raised eyebrow and he gulped

“N-n-othing” Jacob stuttered obviously nervous

“Ok” I said my voice showing how much I disbelieved him. Jacob looked away quickly and started packing his lunch up.

“Where are you going dude?” Matt asked him while munching on his pizza.

“Uh, I’m not feeling to good. I’m gonna go home and rest….or something” Jacob said and put his hand on his stomach for emphasizes. Really? He seemed fine before Suzy came around. Something seemed fishy, I think he’s hiding something from me.

“Aw, really? I can come with you and make my famous soup” I said as enthusiastic as I could

“Uh, NO! Really. I don't want you getting sick too. It could-uh, BE CONTAGIOUS!” he said with wide eyes. Yep! Definitely hiding something.

“Are you suuuure?” I drawled even though I knew he wouldn't let me come

“Yes, I’m absolutely, positively sure!” he assured me and I saw Marissa scoff, Matt snort and Rachel snicker softly.

“Ok….” I said with raised eyebrows and he nodded quick before practically running out of the lunchroom.

“Is it just me or do I smell something fishy?” Rachel said raising her hand jokingly

“It’s just you” Christy said and starting laughing at Rachel’s glare

“Just kidding...I smell it too” she said putting her hands up in defense