Chapter 23 (BONUS JASMINE'S POV)

-Jasmine's POV-

We've been walking for 10 minutes until we came across a store that looked like it sold masks. My feet were hurting with these uncomfortable flats that I have on.We all entered the store and looked around at the masks that were in the glass case. While we were observing the intricate detailing on the masks we didn't notice a lady come out from behind a door that said employees only.

"Hello, how may I help you?" she said politely and we all smiled

"Yes, we would like to purchase some masks" Christy said nicely 

"Alright, if  you need help let me know" the nice lady said and went back to sorting something on a shelf at the back of the store. We continued looking at the masks on display and my eyes scan over all of them but stopped when I saw a beautiful white and gold mask on the corner of the glass case. I kept staring at it and I knew I was going to get this one. I looked over to see Marissa looking at a black one and Dill who bit her lip, which was something she did when she was thinking. Christy eyes had zoomed in on a red and black one that perfectly matched her dress and Rachel was pointing at a black one. We called over the lady and I told her I would like to have the gold and white one, Marissa told her about a black one, Rachel also said a black one but they didn't look anything alike and Christy told them she wanted to get the red and black one. Then we all looked over to Dill, who was deciding between a silver one or a teal one. 

"Guys, what do you think?" she asked us and we all looked at each other and said at the same time 

"Silver"

- 2 hours Later-

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Marissa yelled at Christy when Christy accidentally poked her in the eye while putting on her mascara. I looked at Christy who grimaced.

"Sorry" Christy said and Marissa said "Sure"

"Guys, can you try not to kill each other" Dill told them and I nodded

"Yeah, we only have 1 hour left" I told them

"1 HOUR!!!!" Marissa yelled

"Hurry the fuck up guys!" she yelled at us after

"Gee, your so nice" Rachel mumbled

"I heard that!" Marissa yelled and Rachel rolled her eyes.

Rachel was already done, her hair was straightened, she had her dress on, black wedges and her mask on. Dill was also already done, her hair in a elegant bun with studs in it, her silver mask and silver strappy heels . Dill was currently curling my hair, and then she said she was going to clip it with a gold clip and spray glitter in my hair and I said sure. I was already dressed my dress on and my gold heels. I just needed to put on my mask when my hair was done. Marissa was waiting for her makeup to be done so she can put on her black mask but she already had on her dress and silver pumps. Chirsty had on her dress but she still needed to put on her mask and black platforms.

About 10 minutes later we were all done and heading downstairs where our dates have been patiently waiting for the last 5 minutes. They stood up and came by the stairs when we came down. Sean had a black suit with a red tie on, Peter had a black suit with a blue tie on, Rachel's date had a black suit with a black tie and Caleb had a black suit with a teal tie on. I smiled at Ash when he took my hand and looked to see what he was wearing. He was wearing a black suit with a gold tie, because I had texted him the color of my dress about 2 hours ago.

We all got in separate cars and were on our way to the masquerade ball.

- When arrived -

The ball was at a hall close by my house so it only took 8 minutes to  get there. I stepped out and looked around. They had decorated it really pretty. There were white, black, purple, blue, and gold decor all around. Ash and I stepped in the hall and saw Dill, Rachel, Marissa and Christy already there. Dill and her date Caleb were by the punch, Rachel and her date were sitting at a table awkwardly and they looked like the were about to start a conversation,  Marissa and Peter were dancing together and Christy and Sean were talking while dancing. Ash took my hand and lead me to the dance floor and I smiled at him. A slow dance came one and we started swaying to the beat. I rested my chin on his shoulder since these heels made me tall enough to do that. As I layed my head on his shoulder I was also able to look at the entrance and I saw a guy come in.