Chapter 34

- Jasmine’s POV -

I watched them silently, standing next to a grimacing Jared. Suzy placed her hand on Jacob’s chest and he didnt even bother to move it. I saw him shake his head and say something to her that caused her to laugh, throwing her head back.

Then she stopped laughing suddenly and said something to Jacob with a evil smirk on her lips. The thing she said must've gotten Jacob mad and he moved his face close to hers and whispered something with an angry expression on. Then, she said something and glanced down to look at her manicured nails with a sinister smile on her face. Jacob looked torn up about something and defeated he nodded.

Then, they did something that made my heart shatter into a billion pieces. Jacob grabbed her quickly and kissed her. I didn't want to see more, but I was frozen. I was frozen and I couldn't move. Suddenly, I started breathing heavily and I realized I was getting a panic attack.

I haven't gotten a panic attack in 10 years! I used to get them when Suzy would hurt me or when my parents would fight. Oh my god. Breath. Breath. I cant! I cant breath! I leaned against the locker and slowly slid down on my back.

“Jasmine?” I heard Jared ask but I pulled my knees to my chest, tears rolling down my face. I couldn't breath, I felt like I was suffocating

“JASMINE?!” Jared yelled and bent down to see me

“Oh my god. OH GOD! WHAT’S WRONG?” He shouted worried pulling at his hair. I guess, his loud voice caught the attention of Jacob and Suzy because I heard footsteps approach around the corner.

“Jasmine?” Jacob said shocked. Seeing him made it even harder to breath. Oh god I felt like I was gonna die. Suzy just seemed unaffected and looked bored.

“OH MY GOD! SHE’S HAVING A PANIC ATTACK!” I heard Rachel yell. Where did she come from? I gripped my hair tightly as more footsteps came closer to me. The footsteps. They were so loud. I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't breath.

“Take deep breaths” I heard Dill’s familiar voice and I’m guessing it was her hand that was on my back. I tried to do as she instructed but I couldn't. Slowly, the world turned into darkness and voices faded. The last thing I remembered was everyone yelling out for me. Well, everyone except Suzy…

*

*

*

Ow. Why the fuck does my chest hurt so much? Why does my throat hurt too? What the hell happened? I couldn't open my eyes, so I decided to think. What happened? Then suddenly, everything came back to me. Jacob and Suzy. Kissing. Jared. My friends. My panic attack. I was in so much pain. But I was pretty sure most of it was because of what I saw and not because of the panic attack. When I finally had enough strength, I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked multiple times before I was able to see. Tears started involuntarily escaping my eyes as I thought about what had happened. Why? Why? That was the only question I could ask. Why would he do this to me? I just wanted to know why.

“Jasmine?!” I heard someone gasp and I gently turned my head towards the person who was sitting in the chair right besides me. It was only know that I realized I was in a hospital.