Chapter 22

-Jasmine's POV-

What in the actual fuck? Was the first thought that ran through my head when I heard that announcement. Since when does the football team need a singer? I had a really bad feeling about this, something was off.....

I walked to my locker to meet with my currently screaming best friends. I approached with my eyebrows raised and I looked around to see everyone taking in their craziness.

"Um, guys are you ok?" I asked while putting my books in my locker.

"Ok? Are you seriously asking if we're ok? Are you kidding?" Rachel said and then turned to Marissa and said "She's kidding, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "What are you blabbering about?" I asked even though I already had an idea.

"Did you not hear the announcement or were you in math class. The class which you always zone out in?" Christy asked me and I gulped. I told them I zone out in math class but that wasn't true I loved math class, I always paid attention.

"Oh that, I heard the announcement." I said casually

"Then you must know that we're all auditioning" Marissa said and Rachel nodded.

"Yep" Christy agreed and finally I looked over and Dill who just shrugged.

When they said these words I automatically froze halfway through putting my last book in my locker. I had wide eyes when I looked at all of them and I shakily said

"Why?"

"Well, for one. The person who wins gets a date with anyone on the football team" Rachel said and I looked at Christy and Marissa.

"But both of you guys have boyfriends..." I said to them trailing off

"Oh, we want the extra credit" Marissa spoke up for both her and Christy.

"What about you Dill?" I asked her

"I cant sing for my life, so I'm not going to win anyway. I'm just dong what they tell me. I mean might as well" she replied nonchalantly and my fear started to increase

"Can any of you sing?" I said trying to make them realized what a big mistake this is.

"I mean sort of" Marissa said

"I dabble" Rachel said

"Yeah I guess. I'm not fantastic but I'm not horrible" Christy shrugged

"I definitely cant sing, I'm just doing this for the heck of it" Dill laughed and I bet my face was as pale as a ghost.

"What about you?" Dill asked and all of them looked at me

"Uhhhhhh, I never tried?" I answered in a hesitant question

"Seriously! Not even in the shower?!" Rachel said incredulously

I shook my head no really slowly.

"Oh my god, then this is the plan" Marissa said and shared a look with Christy

"We are gonna go buy our dresses for tonight and then tomorrow we're coming over to your house to hear you sing for the first time!" Christy continued and I almost dropped dead right there. WHAT!

" Uh, guys you can't-" I started to object but Dill stopped me

"Of course we can, your parents love us!" she said excitedly when I was almost sure that my parents don't remember them, their never home anyway so....

"But-" my plead was cut short by Rachel

"No, buts" she said with a mock serious face

I looked down their was nothing I can do now "Fine" I grumbled. It felt like all my secrets were slowly unraveling and were soon to be revealed to the world.Well I have one thing to say to that. Fuck you too, universe!