Chapter 12...THE FORMAL!

-Jacob's POV-

I angrily hang up the phone I was on with Ash and threw it on my bed. My face was currently red and hell and I was breathing heavily. Ash was talking about how hot Jasmine was going to be tomorrow and what he could do to make her night "special" if you know what I mean. If he even thought about doing that he wouldn't be alive to tell the facts. I lay down of my bed and thought about what happened today. What was Jasmine writing in before I called her name earlier today? I looked similar to my...songbook. Nah, it cant be true. She just doesn't look like the type of girl to write songs and sing, but then again I don't either. Whatever, plus if she does sing, it would be all over school by now. 

I sing because A, I am good and B some personal reasons. What personal reasons you ask? Well I'll tell you. When I was 12 my grandma on my dad's side passed away, we were really close like best friends and that affected me greatly. Her last words to me were:

-Flashback-

I blink out the tears in my eyes as I held on to my grandma's hand.

"Jacob, come here" My grandma said in her raspy voice. I went closer until my chair couldn't move anymore closer to the bed.

"Jacob, keep singing with that nice voice of yours, so I can hear it when I am up there" She said smiling as she pointed upwards, showing that she meant when she was up in heaven. This just made me cry more.

"Grams, your fine! You'll hear me sing here. You'll survive." I exclaimed 

Grams smiled sadly and shook her head "No Jacob, I wont. Just promise me, please"

"I promise" My grandma held out her pinkie, and her hand was shaking. I enclosed my around hers and said "I pinkie promise"

"Alright" She smiled and my mom took me home. Little did I know that was the last hours she lived.

-Flashback Over-

I blinked away some gathered tears and walked to the photo I had on my desk of 3 year old me and my grandma. I picked it up and touched the glass cover.

"I did'nt break my promise grams" I said sadly. I put it down and walked to my bed. Tomorrow was the formal, and I still didn't ask anyone. I don't care, because Jasmine is already taken by Ash. Oh well. 

-Tomorrow Morning-

 I repeatedly hit the alarm until the beeping went away. Finally! The beeping stopped. I sleepily smile and closed my eyes.

"JACOB!" My mom yelled, making me fall off the bed. 

"Ughhh" I groaned as I rubbed my head.

I brushed my teeth, showered, put on my clothes and headed downstairs. My dad was at work, my mom making breakfast and my little sister sitting at the table. I walked over and kissed my mom on her cheek and kissed my little sister's head. 

"Ewwww, Jake" Sophia squealed 

I rolled my eyes at her. My mom put a plate of pancakes in front of me and I immediately dig in. I finish my breakfast and say goodbye to my mom and sister, then headed for school. When I got to school, almost everyone was talking about the formal, I mean this is just the formal, how is prom gonna be?!

I walk over to my football buddies and I see Matthew, he comes over to me hyperventilating. 

I chuckled "What's wrong"

"Everything" he yelled. 

"I asked Daniella to the formal and she said YES!" he told me 

"Soooo, isn't that good?" I say confused as to what he is implying.