Chapter 35

- Jasmine's POV -

One week. One week until prom. Two weeks until graduation and one week of me ignoring Jacob's desperate attempts to talk to me. This week was filled with tears, ice cream, corny love movies, and my friends trying to cheer me up. After, I got out of the hospital I told my friends the whole story and trust me when I say they were pretty mad. I believe Marissa said and I quote, “Do you want me to castrate him for you? Cause he deserves it”

But today was different. Today was our school’s annual “senior day”. My friends and I have been waiting to experience this day since were freshmen. We always wanted to see what it was about. Now it was here and we couldn't wait.

Time flew by really fast. I refused to let someone take the happiness out of this day for me, so today I planned  to go to school with a bright smile. Over the course of this week I wrote so many songs. Songs about pain, sadness, love, grief, but the best song I wrote, was the one about revenge. My friends had actually convinced me to sing the song tonight, at the ‘senior show’ my school was hosting. Throughout the day we would do fun stuff, but the school would always make it a surprise, so no one actually knows. But it is tradition to have the ‘senior show’ where all the seniors showcase their talents and stuff.  

I hopped out of bed and quickly showered, then I put on a white tank top under a short pants camouflage patterned overalls. Running my finger through my hair I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs.

“Hey Max” I smiled and looked around. Mom and dad were already gone.

“Hey” Max said while reading his comic and eating his cereal. I grabbed an apple and took a bite.

“Let’s go” I stated as I threw my core in the trash 5 minutes later

“Ok” Max shrugged. We both walked out the door and to the car. I heard the slamming of a door and I looked up from where I was standing. Jacob came out his house with tired eyes and disheveled hair. He looked up and stared into my eyes intensely. I felt tears start to build up in my eyes look I looked away quickly and opened the driver door.

“WAIT! JASMINE!” I heard him yell but I already shut the door and was making my way to drop my brother off at school.

“What was that? You two had a fight?” Max asked curiously and I swallowed

“It’s nothing you need to know about” I said flatly and looked ahead

“Well, whatever it is you should work it out, cause Sophia and I totally ship you guys.” Max grinned and I looked at him weirdly

“Did you just say, you ship Jacob and I ?” I said laughing

“Uh, maybe” Max’s cheeks turned red

“Ok then.” I slowly nodded and looked out his window when we reached his school