Chapter 8

-Jacob's POV-

I was in the middle of eating my french fries from Wendy's, when I saw Jasmine and her friends enter the food court. My friends that were at the table with me saw what was in my eyesight and spotted her "group". Matthew my best friend, besides Ash was drooling over Jasmine's best friend, Daniela who he's had a crush on since six grade!

I personally think he's an idiot for not asking her out yet. When Jasmine's eyes roamed the food court they stopped when they met mine. I quickly looked away avoiding eye contact. I couldn't help but notice Ash linger on Jasmine for a long period of time.

Ash quickly left the table when he saw Jasmine's group approaching. What's his problem? I shake my head and try to get rid of the thought. Why do I even bother?

"Hey why weren't you in school today?" I heard Jasmine ask me
"Out" I reply in a arrogant tone
"Whatever" she said rolling her eyes
I was really happy when she asked about my whereabouts, which meant she cared about me and noticed that I wasn't at school today, then she had totally crushed it when she replied with whatever.
"What are you doing here" I try to asked in a bored tone
"Shopping, what do you think?" she snapped
"Oh! I'm sorry. Of course your shopping what was I thinking!" I said in a sarcastic voice and rolled my eyes back.
"Just shut up, I can only take so much of your voice" she replied
"Where's Ash by the way?" She asked as she looked around the table
I have to admit, I felt a little angered she noticed Ash's disappearance and asked about him.
"Don't know, he left when you guys were coming, maybe your smell scared him off" I said and smirked
"If my smell scared him off, your smell must have killed him. How is he even your friend? Jeez!" She replied and then pinch her nose for a dramatic effect. I didn't have a comeback to that one, and once she realized this her best friend Marissa and her high fived each other, while her other friends were shaking their heads looking amused.

"Well, we have to get going now..." Daniella said and started to pull all 4 of them with her.

"Aren't they a hot chunk of ass" a football buddy of mine, Josh said. I wanted to answer definitely especially Jasmine, but guess what...Dave beat me to it. When he said that, especially the Jasmine part, I just wanted to punch him, but I didn't because Ash came back just then.

No one asked any questions but I know they were dying to. I saw that Ash came back with a bag he didn't take with him when he left. Hmmmm, maybe he bought something. I look back down to my plate of french fries, just to see that they are all gone, and is in Dave's MOUTH! My babies!!!!! First he checks out Jasmine which make me want to punch his face in , reasons unknown, then he steals my french fries. Does this guy want to be enemies, or does he want me to hate him. God!

I glared at him, and he sheepishly smiles. "Okay, guys I got to go. Family emergencies" Ash suddenly says. He's been saying that a lot lately, I wonder what he's up to, hmmmmm.

"Ok" I say
Ash leaves and I tell the rest of my friends that I have to go. I go to my car and get in. I waited until Ash's car past mine and started following his car. He drove to this supermarket place and got out of the car. I stayed hidden in the dark and 5 minutes after he entered the store I went in. I ran into a random aisles which just happened to be the pads and tampons aisle. Well this is awkward... Ash went into this room and then came out wear a UNIFORM!!!!!! He works here!!!!!! I can't believe he never told me.

I was just about to confront him and come out of the aisle, when the store bell rung. I saw Jasmine come in the store and pick up a carton if milk. Then she approached Ash.
I wanted to see her reaction so I stayed hidden. She went up to him normally and said hello. Wait, what! She knew and I didn't, wow. I saw as Ash's face became really nervous and he said to Jasmine

"Can I talk to you, privately in a sec?" Then looked around
"Uh, sure" Jasmine smiled and said she would be waiting in the fish aisle.
"Ok" Ash said and then Jasmine left to go to the fish aisle.
I watched as Ash pick up the bag that I saw earlier today at the mall and open it. Inside was a bouquet of roses, all different colors. He took a deep breathe and walked to the pet fish aisle. I secretly and quickly followed. I hid behind this huge life size cutout and watched them.

Ash approached Jasmine from behind and tapped her. She turned around and surprise was evident on her face, when she saw the roses. Then Ash asked her something that had me boiling with rage.

"Will you go to the formal with me?" He said to her...