Chapter 18

-Jacob's POV-

Finally the last bell of the day rang, and I was the first one out of my seat. Today the team had football practice and I was pumped. We are so gonna beat East Wood High, I have to admit they are good, but I am better. I practically ran to the field and when I got there I fist pumped Matthew and Ash and did bro hugs with the rest of the team. I still wasn't on good terms with Ash, but it's not like I like Jasmine anyway so I didn't really care anymore. Ok, maybe I care just a little. Coach Daniels came 5 minutes later and told us to go to the locker room to change and we all complied. After changing we went back out to the field to see the cheer-leading squad there.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at them while the rest of the boys were just drooling. I mean, they had a right to. The girls were wearing a short red, white and blue shirt and top with their hair either in a bun or ponytail.

I can see that the whole cheer-leading team is divided into stereotypical groups. In one group a group of girls looked like they caked makeup on their face and ordered a outfit that was half their actual size. They weren't wearing any shorts and they were wearing thongs, their breasts were practically popping out and they kept biting their lips and winking to some off the boys on the team.

Another group could be classified as the nerds, even though they are nerds they do gymnastics and apparently like cheering so they joined the cheer team. They had glasses which they probably ave to take off and wear contacts and they are wearing their cheer uniform WITH PANTS UNDERNEATH, and when I say pants I mean dress pants. When they are actually preforming they switch it to long legging though.

Finally, there is the somewhat normal popular group consisting of Jasmine and her friends. As I looked to see Jasmine, I can definitely say that she was drool worthy. She wore her cheer outfit perfectly with little to no makeup, just naturally looking hot. I looked over at Matthew to see him checking out Daniella, one of Jasmine's friends. 

"Dude, stop being a pussy and ask her out" I said to him and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't like her" He said defensively

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I asked him seriously with raised eyebrows and without a second of hesitation he replied with a 

"Yes"

"Shut the fuck up" I said and hit the back of his head while he chuckled.

I walked over to Coach Daniels with the rest of the team and the other cheerleaders besides the sluts finally acknowledged us. The nerds shied away, the sluts gave us even more flirtatious looks and the normal group looked pissed off. I walked up to the coach and so did Jasmine.

"What are they doing here?" Jasmine and I asked at the same time causing the coach to look up from his clipboard.

"Oh! There was a slight mix up and now we need to share the field for practice." Coach Daniels said looking at Jasmine and I.

"You guys know I don't like doing this, but we have no choice" Coach said sincerely and turned to leave.

It was true. The football team and cheer-leading team always have practice on different days or times, ever since 5 years ago. Apparently, a red head was the cheer-leading captain then and while the foot ball team was playing a guy ran into a girl, they were in a pyramid formation and the red head was on top. Let's just say it didn't turn out pretty. Another reason we don't have practice together is because on both of the teams some players get distracted while practicing and don't focus well.But I guess this doesn't matter now.

I looked at Jasmine and smirked whiled she glared at me. She always claimed to the coach that she and her team members were uncomfortable practicing around us, but now I guess she will have to suck it up. We both turned around and walked back to our teams at the same time. WE started playing out all our plays and I got tackled a few time but it didn't really hurt. Johnny got distracted when one of the girls on the cheer-leading team was tossed in to the air, revealing her under garments and the coach of course yelled at him.

I could faintly hear the cheerleaders practicing their cheer. I think it went something like: 

We want a victory!

Help us out.

Panther fans,

Spell it out.

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y 

I was brought back to reality when Matthew patted me on the back and ran forward, he hunched down and took his stance looking at Ash. Ash was prepared to do a kick but it badly misfired. The ball was in air air directed towards the cheerleaders. Currently, they were in some sort of pyramid pose and Jasmine was on top. The ball was moving directly towards her, SHIT!

"Jasmine, watch out!" I heard coach yell, but I was already on my way towards Jasmine. Jasmine quickly looked up from what she was doing to see the ball headed her way and she widened her eyes. Jasmine managed to catch the ball but the force knock her back and stumbled off of the cheerleader's hand that her foot was rested on. I quickly ran forward and caught her before she fell.

I looked down to see her in a huddled position, clutching the football like it was her life  and her eyes were closed, waiting for the impact of the ground to come, except it never did. Finally she opened her eyes and saw me holding her. The only thing that can described her face was pure shock. We must have stood there for about 5 minutes with everyone staring at us, until I heard someone cut through the crowd saying Jasmine. Of course it was Ash, the dip-shit...I mean my beloved friend.

"Oh my god, Jasmine. I didn't mean to. I just- I am so sorry- I- are you ok?!" the dude was stuttering so much I could barely understand him, like seriously.

Jasmine looked at me and asked "Uhhh, can you put me down?" I nodded and put her down.

"Ash, it's ok. It wasn't your fault. I'm fine" she soothingly

He hesitantly nodded and soon coach came out from the crowd and asked Jasmine if she was ok, and she nodded.

"THE PRACTICE IS OVER!" coach yelled at all of  us and everyone started departing. Soon enough everyone was gone except Jasmine and I.

"Ummm, thank you" Jasmine smiling nervously and blushing. God, she looked so cute when she blushed.

"No problem. I mean ya did save my life when I was choking on that carrot. I guess were even now." I said with a smirk acting coolly. The truth is even if she didn't save from chocking, I would've caught her anyway.

Jasmine laughed and a a lock of hair fell out of place so without thinking I pushed it behind her ear and she stopped laughing and started blushing again. We stared at each other for a while and it had so much intensity that I felt I couldn't breath. We both started leaning in without even realizing and soon we rested our foreheads against each others. When our foreheads touch, I swear I think I felt a shock. I cupped her cheek and her breath hitched, right when our lips were about to meet Some called out our named and we froze.

We pulled away really quickly like we were on fire or something. I looked over to our intruder and I saw Ash standing there gaping with wide eyes. I cleared my throat and started to walked away really quickly and all I could think about that night was that I almost kissed my enemy.

(AN: Sorry for all the spelling errors. The cheerleading uniform is on the side. I hope you enjoyed!

- xoxoxo purplebunnies106)