Meanwhile, Back In The Lounge...

Author's note: Hey, guys! So, let me explain how this segment works: It ties in with the start and the end of the challenge. It will appear after the challenge chapter is published. The guests who did not go into the challenge talk, form alliances and even argue from time to time. Think of it as Untucked from Rupaul's Drag Race but in Escape The Night. But anyway, enough chat. Let's get into the Back In The Lounge segment!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/3rd Person POV:

The six chosen, the voted and their partners, had left to face the Acrobats Challenge.

The air in the room was tense; nobody knows what to say or do.

Why did this have to take effect?

All was hushed until Vanessa spoke up.

"OK, let's sort out the most frustrating problem and get it over and finished; who do you think deserved to go in and who didn't?" She blurted out, needing to get the debate done with to prevent another controversy.

"OK, I believe Gear didn't deserve it; he's been a strong asset so far and could be a stronger asset in the future," Lizzie said, the room in agreement.

"And I'm going to say something that's probably going to start a feud, but someone has to be truthful here," Lia began, pacing herself into the topic.

"I think Megan deserved it; she wasn't pulling her weight and we need fighters. And..."

She halted, struggling to find the correct words.

"Bitch, spit it out! What are you trying to say!?" Zach raged, trying to prevent his displeasure from boiling over.

"Everybody, myself included, expect you and Megan voted for Megan!" she stuttered, trying not to show her genuine fear she was bottling up.

"Yeah. It's true; we all agreed that Megan wasn't pulling her weight, so we all voted her in without telling either of you." Veronica sighed, putting her face in her hands to hide the fact she was on the brink of crying.

"And I voted for Gear and she voted for Oli! So you twats wanted her dead after all, fucking bitches! Damn you! Damn you all to Hell!" Zach snapped, on the brink of attacking somebody.

"OK, Zach, I'm going to need you to calm down; we only did it because we need fighters..." Lizzie explained, pausing and causing Veronica to finish her sentence.

"And Megan doesn't have as much fight as we need her to have here. Only the strongest survive. I'm sorry, but... it seemed like the right course of action." She sobbed.

"LISTEN! JUST BECAUSE SHE SEEMED WEAK DOESN'T MEAN YOU MAY KILL HER! YOU TAKE THAT BACK, VERONICA!" He screeched, standing up and trying hard not to have a mental breakdown.

"Besides, just because Gear and Lana are great friends doesn't mean Lana's that useful if you think about it." He concluded, slumping back down into a nearby chair.

"Um, Zach, you'd be wrong to assume Gear and Lana are just great friends...." Lizzie quaked, shaking from what just happened with Zach losing his mind.

Zach: 'I hear Lizzie say that and I'm just like... 'Does Gear hate Lana, does he hate us?' Like, Lizzie, what the fuck are you talking about?'

"OK, so, how is he related to Lana?" Lia questioned, looking a little concerned.

"OK, they're not related, before anybody thinks that; what I mean is when we were at the tent and you guys were at the disco, Gear gave Lana a kiss. Gear and Lana are actually dating." She confessed, covering her face immediately afterwards.

"Well... I'm fine with that. As long as they still pull their weight for the team, I'm cool with it." Veronica answered, a slight smile on her face.

"Lizzie, we're all fine with it. Well, I'm not sure about Zach, but he'll get to grips with it, eventually. Let's just all support each other and get out of this mess." Lia answered, finding a new motivation to keep going.

Lizzie smiled. 

The group was learning to accept each other.

Soon after the conversation ended, the footsteps towards the lounge door got louder.

The door to the lounge opened, causing the Delamont daredevils to hold their breath...