The Steampunk Twins: Prologue

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, I need to clear two things up real quick before this prologue:

1. Yes, IK we're jumping through time. We've went from the age of circus to Greek mythology- kinda- to the Wild West to a Medusa/ 1970's/ modern blend and now we're jumping to the world of steampunk. Delamont is lost in time so I think it makes sense.

2. This will contain an easter egg to two past ETN survivors. Guess what the easter egg is down below in the comments. (This is why the inventor has a last name, BTW!)

3. BTW, the picture of the twins is up above; it's the best thing I could find.

Anyway, enough talk! Onto the prolouge!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/ 3rd Person POV:

An inventor by the name of Artemis Lee approached the doors to the church.

He had been invited there by a mysterious woman, with the promise that what she offered to him would save his shop from closing its doors.

He closed the doors to the church as he approached the altar.

At that altar, he saw a strange lady; a lady in a dark purple gown. 

She had horns atop her head, piercing amber eyes, raven black hair tied into two buns at the back of her head, and pure black lipstick.

She was gazing at what looked like a pair of googles.

"I can make them so alive and magical," The lady sighed, not taking her eyes off of the googles in her hand.

"Everybody in town will need one. Soon, they'll be knocking down your door, Artemis."

"H... how do you know my name?" Artemis trembled, backing away from the altar slightly.

"Oh, I'm the friend of the mayor. I'm in town visiting. But that's beside the point..." She giggled, gazing at Artemis.

"Oh, right!" Artemis stuttered, his feelings of confusion and desperation to save his shop setting in.

"What do you need from me, Miss?"

"Place your hands on the altar." She demanded. 

Artemis did as she requested. 

She then slowly approached Artemis and placed the goggles in his hands as the surrounding air whooshed.

He assumed it was a windy night, thanked the lady, and headed back to his shop.

Artemis entered his shop and approached his two twin daughters, Eva Georgina and Andrea Rachel, who were slumped against a nearby shelf.

He placed them into an eternal slumber until he could save the shop, so he could prevent them from suffering as much as him.

"Girls," Artemis whispered, a look of compassion on his face as he squatted down to their height. "We can keep the shop now. I'll let nothing happen to you. I promise."

Little did Artemis know that as he reassured them, the evil of the goggles he had taken from the lady at the church had entered his two children, corrupting them with an intangible evil.

Later that night, as Artemis fell asleep, his children awoke with a new obsession; an obsession with murder and death.

Giggling and mumbling unspeakable things, they each stole one of their father's knives and sneaked upstairs to his room (picture of the knives down below:)

They entered his room and approached his bed.

"Knife..." Andrea mumbled quietly. You could barely hear her.

"Knife..." Eva whispered, this time slightly louder.

This repeated until they made it to Artemis' bed.

"KNIFE!" Andrea screamed, she and Eva stabbing the knives into Artemis rapidly.

He shrieked out in pain as he was brutally murdered in his sleep.

The twins had done what they needed to. 

They went back downstairs and back to sleep, slumped against their shelf, the Inventor's Goggles now tainted with blood slightly.

They were no longer Eva Georgina and Andrea Rachel Lee.

They were Delamont's Steampunk Twins...