Chapter 15: The Stone Man- Part 2

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, no, don't worry, nobody's getting captured. It's just at some point in this episode, there's a puzzle involving a jail cell, so the photo just seem appropriate. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We turn around and see...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We face Laceline Rockettes and see this man; he's in a police officer's uniform and his whole right arm and part of his face are covered his stone.

He races towards us like a bull seeing red.

"OK! DEFINITELY RUN!" Oli shouts. We all run towards the diner, screaming and panicking, barricading the doors shut.

"Are you sure there could be a clue in here?" Vanessa asked, eyes darting as he wandered around the room, looking for clues. "There's always been one in here; it'll just seem strange if there's another."

"Could be, could not. We only came in here to get away from the Stone Man." I panted, slumping against the wall, trying to catch my breath.

"Wait, didn't the map say the Stone Man worked here before a drunken customer turned him to stone?" Lana queried, her face lighting up.

"Yeah, it did." Oli disclosed, racing up the stairs.

"Oli, stop being an idiot. The door is going to be locked again!" Zach ridiculed, not caring that Oli was trying to use his initiative.

I leaned away from the wall, climbed up the stairs, and looked at where Oli was standing; the door was open.

"Well, Zach, you'd be wrong. The door's somehow open." I replied, stunned.

Gear: 'So, we all walk up the stairs and there's this room in what I think is the attic of Laceline Rockettes. I see a balcony and my first instinct is to look from there to find a vantage point.'

"You see anything out there, Gear?" Veronica contended, peeking her head through the door. He just shook his head before looking to the side.

"Oh, wait, never mind! There's a key out here!" Gear shouted, running back inside.

Vanessa: 'So, Gear runs back in with a key he found on the balcony. And for the first time tonight, there isn't much use for it yet.'

"Maybe there's a safe behind the bar or something, I don't know," Lia stated, shrugging her shoulders.

"But most safes need a code," Lana remarked, looking at some books she found on the desk in the room. "But I like your thinking; I think we should try downstairs."

"Lana, please stop stating the obvious. I'm allergic to bullshit." Zach gloated, an annoyed look on his face.

"Well, don't say that if you're not doing anything! You're just stood there!" I snapped, my patience wearing thin.

"She has got a point, Zach." Vanessa trailed off, worry painted on her face as she faced him.

"Can we just... go downstairs?" Oli urged. Though he may seem worried and weak, he's a fighter. He wants us to go forward.