Chapter 24: Scarring Swords- Part 3.1

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, we just had the gag of the season with another automatic death challenge entry and I have a feeling that you're either going to love this part of the story or hate it. So, let's hope this goes down a treat. So, get ready because the tea in this book is about to blow, get some snacks, get comfy and let's get into the chapter! 

Also, yes, the voting pictures are better than the actual pictures in the book. Please help me.

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is gonna be a nightmare to explain to Lia..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We walked back into the lounge to see Lia with her head down and deep in thought. This was strange; we've never seen her so vulnerable before. Maybe this part of the night was too overwhelming for her.

"She must have heard." Lizzie conferred, causing all of us to nod.

"Hey, Lia? Are you OK there?" Oli acknowledged, pondering whether to approach her.

"Yeah... I'm fine, I guess." She muttered, lifting her head up as she shrugged. "Just... mad and... devastated, I guess. I didn't think I was going straight into the final death challenge. But, it is what it is." She muttered, keeping her head down.

Suddenly, Lana pulls me, Lizzie, Oli, and Gear to the side, confusing all of us.

"Lana, this is very suspicious that you're leading with this. What are we doing now?" I whispered, trying to keep the noise down.

"OK, listen; we've practically lied to everybody about the whole seduction conundrum. So, are we still voting for Zach or are we gonna vote ourselves instead?" Lana mused, hoping we were interested.

"Well, Zach and Lia still get a vote, so... we'll just vote Zach? He's the only viable option at this point since Lia's on the line now." Lizzie communicated, trying to keep it down.

"What are you guys doing?" Zach rasped, causing us to turn around. "It's a little fishy over there."

"Zach, we're trying to catch Lizzie up on the whole situation whilst she was dead and we're trying to keep it down so we don't disturb you and Lia. There, you happy now?" Oli lied, hoping he wouldn't call us out.

"Huh, fair enough, then. Just remember, we're voting soon." Zach reminded, going back to comforting Lia. We turned back around to finish the conversation.

"Zach it is, then?" Gear chimed in, all of us nodding, Lana even kissing Gear on the cheek to prove it. Of course, Lizzie was trying not to fangirl at the situation.

We sat back down and waited for Heidi to speak up.

And soon she did.

"The first person going into the challenge is The Alpha. Is that understood?" Heidi asserted.

We all nodded, knowing where this was going from when we faced the Dog Woman.

"That leaves only one slot for somebody to join her in the Sword Swallower's game. We'll start with you." Heidi breathed, motioning to Gear.

Gear: 'So, because of this whole situation with Lia, I'm assuming she's putting my name in the deck because of her mess with the group. But because Lia is automatically in the challenge and the talk with my alliance, we're putting Zach's name in there.'

Lana voted next. It was Lizzie and then Lia.

Lia: 'Gear betrayed me! The womanizer two-timed me and was still dating Lana when he was seducing me. The bastard! So, as much as I hate to do this, I have to vote for him.'

Oli voted next. Then it was Zach.

And finally, as per usual, it was me.

The talk with my alliance confirmed that Zach's name was the one going in there.

But as I chose his card, I had this horrible gut feeling; I think somebody, most probably Lia, put Gear's name into the deck.

I can't help but have that feeling.

"I will now shuffle, then draw one," Heidi announced, shuffling the cards.

I was terrified; I had earned the trust of the group and also, since Zach's objectives had changed, I had been spared for most of tonight.

But is the rest of my alliance safe from his reign of terror?

"The person going into the challenge with The Alpha is..." 

Heidi picked up the card, looked at it, and turned it around.

We were all in shock.

Lana: 'I see the card gets pulled. And my heart just sinks. *Her head would fall into her hands* This cannot be happening right now!'

"Oh. My. God." Lizzie whimpered, on the brink of a breakdown.

"How did his name even get in the deck?" Oli asked, a near traumatized look on his face.

"G... Gear..." Lana whispered, her hands covering her mouth.

I was just in absolute horror.

"The Lady Killer."

"Well, he deserved it, if you think about it." Zach insulted, not caring in the slightest.

"Please shut up, Zach," I whined, on the verge of kicking him in the face in heels and hopefully breaking his nose.

"Come on, guys; let's go to the challenge, we can't waste any more time." Victor urged, moving towards the door to the lounge.

"Don't worry, gorgeous; I'll be back." Gear gushed, kissing Lana before standing up and heading to the challenge.

"Lana, if I die, get outta here for me!" Gear shouts before he walks away towards the Sword Swallower's challenge.

"This is a mess and a half, isn't it?" Oli chastised, his head dropping into his hands.

What. The fuck. Just. Happened?