Chapter 16.2: The Stone Man- Part 3.2

Author's Note: Hey, guys. So, warning in advance: This chapter is going to be full of some horrible shit. 

One part of the challenge is pretty gross and the death is very brutal and will contain mentions of gore. I thought I should put the warning out there just to be better safe than sorry. 

If you are triggered by this, skip to 'Back to the lounge' and Part 4. I will put 'Back to the lounge' up soon after this chapter so you have something to skip to. Thought I should clear that up and now, onto the challenge!

Love y'all, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/ 3rd Person POV:

Zach, Veronica, and Lia stepped out of the arcade to see the challenge right in front of them.

There was what looked like organs on one table, a slide puzzle on the second and five dumbbells, and a basket on the last table, along with a white line some distance from the last table.

And at the end of that line, the Stone Man stood.

Lia: 'What the fuck is this meant to be; some sort of obstacle course or gauntlet?'

"Here are the rules of the challenge," Victor said, handing the trio a note.

Veronica took it and read it out loud.

It read:

'To win this challenge, you must test the strength of your stomach, your brain, and your body. First, you must finish your whole plate of cow organs to move on. For the test of your mind, you must complete the slide puzzle of Delamont's jester. Finally, you must place all five dumbbells into your basket and run with your basket in your hands across the white line. 

The first two to do this will claim the Smokey Quartz Diamond, whilst the loser will be beaten to death to quench the Stone Man's thirst for blood.'

"Good luck, I guess?" Veronica trembled. Thankfully, nobody yelled at her, but she got some weird stares off of Lia and Zach.

"Take your places at your tables." Heidi requested. They took their places; Zach at the first row of tables, Veronica at the second row, and Lia at the third.

Zach: 'I'm here in this challenge with an enemy and a frenemy. One thing I know, though; I need to get outta here for Megan. So the one dying now ain't gonna be me.'

"GO!" Victor shouted, everybody hurrying to eat the cow's organs.

Zach was practically throwing them back, Lia was getting there and Veronica was... trying.

"I'm not kidding when I say these actually taste like ribs!" Zach chuckled, his mouth still full of cow guts.

"You have got to be kidding me when you say that." Veronica gagged. She was on the brink of throwing up.

"Done!" Lia gushed, opening her mouth and showing her tongue to show she ate it. Somehow, she had devoured the cow guts before Zach and was now onto the next puzzle.

Veronica: 'I don't know how they're doing this. Zach just finished the cow guts and I'm still eating. I just let my sister down.'

"Bitch, these are easy!" Lia groused; she had just finished the second puzzle, Zach a close second, whilst Veronica had just started the second puzzle.

Though Veronica seemed close, Zach got across the line just as Veronica was planning to move on. 

And, since Lia already crossed it, Veronica was the loser.

"YOU'RE GONNA DIE, BITCH!" The Stone Man screeched, grabbing Veronica by the throat.

"I hate you two! Please don't get out of here!" Veronica keened, kicking her legs and trying to pull the Stone Man's arm from her throat with little success.

The Stone Man threw Veronica behind a nearby barrel, Lia and Zach running close to it, but still keeping a distance. 

The Stone Man smashed his stone arm down onto Veronica multiple times, causing blood to splatter everywhere and nearly hit the two survivors.

"Do not get blood on this suit, you dick!" Zach demanded, running with Lia to claim the Smokey Quartz Diamond.

"Hurry, Lia! Place the diamond in the hole!" Heidi shouted, holding the gauntlet. Lia placed the jewel into position, causing the Stone Man to disappear in a puff of black smoke.

"Well, at least this shit's over. I'm going back to the lounge." Zach bleated, walking back into the arcade.

Lia was in pure shock. 

Veronica Merrell, Vanessa's twin sister, The Cupid, her former ally... had just been brutally slain right in front of her. 

She had finally seen what it meant to have an alliance and lose it. 

She was traumatised.

"I should really be a lot nicer to people. Nobody will take Gear from me. I'm still killing Lana." She fretted, her mind foggy and her expression one of horror and melancholy.

She took one last look at Veronica's body before entering the arcade with Zach, Victor, and Heidi.

They both approached the lounge door and opened it.

As it opened, Lia held her breath as Zach smirked.

This was not gonna do down well with the group...