Chapter 18: The Steampunk Twins- Part 1

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, do not mind the low quality picture; I just wanted to put something here that wasn't steampunk releated. But, just a quick warning; this chapter will be very similar to the Twin Dolls episode, just in case you get suspicious. But enough talk, let's get on with the chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time to do what I've wanted to do since I was in freshman year..."

"Be a bad-ass motherfucker."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We were in Laceline Rockettes, having a few drinks and discussing our plan to move forward in the night.

Everybody was annoyed.

"Well, I'm over this shit; all of our friends are dying." I groaned, exhausted and wanting either another sangria that'll keep me up or a nap.

"Yeah. And Veronica was one of our last hopes in terms of morale and intelligence. But she's dead, thanks to Zach, thank you very much." Oli quipped.

"Bitch, if you're gonna blame anybody, blame Lia! She was in the challenge too!" Zach barked, supposedly drunk.

I guess he had a reason to drink a lot; he's lost his wife and hates us, so it kinda makes sense.

"Nobody misses her more than I do," Vanessa sobbed.

She was still devastated at the loss of her twin sister; she'd been crying and drinking since we got here.

"I miss her so much." We had space on our table, so she sat next to Lana, who gave her a hug.

"Something has changed on the map!" Heidi interjected.

Me, Gear, Lana, Oli, and Vanessa lifted our drinks off of our table and put them on the bar as we looked at the map.

We saw a new location, but two new messages. Our new location was the Inventor's Shoppe.

The note beside it read:

'There will be blood on all of your hands; the price of being a saviour in this town.'

"Well, that's..." Gear trailed off, trying to find the right words.
"Un-nerving."

There was also an additional note next to the merry-go-round. 

This note read:

'The Inventor's children have changed. All they want to do is run around and spin in circles, yet they always argue about which horse to ride. Maybe you can help them?'

"So, we need to go to the merry-go-round, I'm assuming?" Lana pondered.

We all nodded and raced outside to the merry-go-round. There, we found a box, a red button, and a note on top of the box.

This time, the note read:

'The Steampunk Twins have a game they like to play with their late father's goggles; they would put them on and jump on a horse whilst the merry-go-round was still spinning. To claim the goggles and cleanse them, you must play this game. One horse is marked with a green gear on its saddle. Whilst the merry-go-round is spinning, one of you must jump and sit on the horse. Only once you have succeeded at this game will you claim the Inventor's Goggles.'

"Anybody here any good at jumping on horses?" Vanessa probed, confusion on her face.

Valentina: 'One thing people don't know about me; I'm very good at jumping on moving horses. I used to jump on a lot of moving merry-go-rounds as a kid, so this is my time to prove I'm a bad-ass motherfucker without revealing my past.'

"Well, I'll do it. I don't care if I get hurt, at least I tried." I prattled, confidence on my face.

"Yeah, let's just have her do it," Zach confirmed.

I looked forward and waited for the green-geared horse.

Soon, I saw the perfect opportunity; I ran towards the horse, grabbed onto the pole, and ended up sitting sideways as the old southern dames did, but I still sat on the horse.

The merry-go-round stopped as fast as it started. I jumped off of it, walked back to the group, and saw them all staring at me.

"OK, now that's what I call a bad-ass!" Gear stated, a look of pure surprise on his face.

And then the box popped open.

We all rushed over and inside was the Inventor's Goggles, a key, and a note. Oli grabbed the note and read it. It said:

'To cleanse the Inventor's Goggles, you must first use this key to go to the shop and complete the trials blocking you from the Toxic Chambers. Only once they have been discovered will you be able to cleanse the goggles. But first, I would recommend you turn around...'

We turn around and see two girls, twins to be specific, who look like they just stepped out of the steampunk era, staring us dead in the eye, knives in her hands.

Lia: 'So, these two steampunk bitches are looking at us all funny. And then, suddenly, they break into full-on Olympian running. Like, full speed racer chasing us!'

The twins speed towards us faster than we can predict. We all start screaming and sprinting off as fast as we can.

Thank God I can now run in these dodgy ass heels.

Me, Oli, Lia, and Zach are the first ones to the shoppe. We're followed by Vanessa and Gear.

Lana's trying to run, but she's really struggling.

Gear: 'So, the rest of us are here, but Lana is really struggling to run in her heels so I'm like, 'Fuck this shit, I'll be back', and I'm saving my girlfriend.'

"Cover me, guys!" Gear blurts out, racing away from the shop.

"Gear, what are you doing?!" Oli howled, completely bewildered.

Before Gear could answer the question, he had already run off.

He grabbed Lana by the hand and they both started sprinting back, the twins close behind.

"Get the door open!" Heidi urged, knowing Gear and Lana were on their way back. 

I get the door unlocked, kick it open, and we all hurry inside, barricading the door with a plank as we enter.

"Lana, it's OK; you're fine, we're still alive." Gear whispered, kissing Lana on the lips.

Now that we were all inside, we needed to figure out what shit we got ourselves into this time.

We turn to face the shop and see...

TO BE CONTINUED. <3