Chapter 25: Scarring Swords- Part 3.2

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, the picture is meant to show the death; the loser is having their stomach slashed open. So, light gore warning. 

Also, the animals used in this challenge are going to be extremely outlandish. Just to let you know. So, enough talk, let's get on with the challenge!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/3rd Person POV:

Gear and Lia arrived at the Sword Swallower's tables. She looked like a monk who was training with a sword as she held it to her head.

Gear: 'I don't know what this bitch thinks she's doing, but all I can focus on is winning this challenge, killing Lia, getting back to Lana and then getting through tonight.'

"Here are the rules for the challenge." Heidi stated, giving Gear and Lia a note. They read it and it said:

'Search the metal balls on your tables, one across from you and one straight ahead of you, for the six numbers for the code to your box. But be wary; behind each metal ball is an unimaginable animal blocking you from the number. The first one to find all six numbers and open their box will claim the Murder Jewel, whilst the loser will have their stomach cut open by the Sword Swallower.'

Lia: 'This is unnerving and absolutely terrifying at the same time. I'm going up against the guy I love who literally broke my heart- but I still love him- and he's a fucking womaniser. I need to kill him and show Lana who's boss.'

"Ready? GO!" Heidi shouts, Lia and Gear racing over to the tables to search for the first number for their code. 

They both popped their metal balls open, and they were met with the first creature.

"SHIT!" Lia screamed, jumping back. They were black widow spiders. Lia was terrified; these things could kill her.

Gear didn't show any signs of stopping, immediately reaching his hand into the pit below the ball, drifting some spiders and grabbing the number. But as he did, he got an idea.

Gear: 'So, I'm about to run off and I get this idea; those metal balls look hard enough to open, so they look hard enough so if something gets stuck in them, it'll be hard to get them to move. So, I stick the bottom of my shirt in the metal ball, close it and try to run off. And as my plan may have it.... it ripped my shirt off. My idea was to distract Lia by running around shirtless. Dumb, I know; but it didn't say it was cheating.'

Turns out it worked.

After Lia got her first number, she saw Gear without his shirt on and immediately got distracted. She couldn't stop blushing and staring at Gear and she really struggled to cope with the animals.

But after a few minutes, it was now or never.

They were both tied 5 for 5.

Whoever got the last number was going to win.

They both opened the last metal ball.

And inside was king cobras.

Lia: 'And to make things worse, I have a fear of snakes!'

"OH, HELL NO!" Lia wailed, backing away from the metal ball. She ended up staring at Gear instead of confronting her fear and saving her own life.

He got the last number, opened up his box and got the Murder Jewel.

"Yeah, that's it! Got it, lady!" Gear called out, waving it up and down. The Sword Swallower immediately turned to Lia and approached her.

"GEAR, YOU'RE A FUCKING WOMANISER! DON'T YOU KILL ME, BITCH! NO, NO, N-!"

Before Lia could finish her sentence, the Sword Swallower sliced her stomach open.

Blood soaked into her dress and dripped from the sword used to kill her.

She fell to the ground, dead.

But the Sword Swallower didn't stop there. She approached Gear, who ran away towards Victor and Heidi.

"Hurry, Gear! Place the jewel on the handle!" Heidi yelled.

Gear did that, and the Sword Swallower vanished in a puff of black magic.

"Yeah, I saw a spare shirt that looks exactly like yours behind the market stall if you wanna grab it." Victor shared, pointing to a nearby stall.

Gear grabbed the shirt, put it on, took one last look at the tables and Lia's dead body and ran back to the arcade.

He took the sword from Heidi, who had somehow grabbed his ripped up shirt and opened the door to the lounge, holding his breath...