Chapter 20: The Steampunk Twins- Part 3

Author's Note: Hey, guys! Yes, your eyes are not fooling you; two updates in one day! I wanted to put this one out because I wanted a quick follow up from the last part and to let you know some stuff about the last chapter I didn't clear up and a quick warning. Here goes:

1. From the last chapter, Lia mentioned Gear and Lana breaking up. They didn't actually break up, Gear just seduced Lia by saying this off-screen.

2. Also from the last chapter, it was mentioned you had to lock the Steampunk Twins up in jail. The other group did this off-screen as well.

3. This is the warning: This death could make you cry. Just saying, no spoilers. But, enough talk, let's get on with the chapter!

4. An ACTUAL trigger warning: This will contain a light remark about suicide. Just somebody says a line about it and that's it. I'm just warning you in case you are triggered by mentions of it.

And that's about it! And now, onto the chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We look at the center of the room and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We look and see this strange... contraption in the middle of the room. It's some sort of glass chamber with a mechanism connected to it. And it's full of some sort of.... smoke?

Lia: 'This thing looks extremely creepy, and it basically looks like something out of a horror movie or a science lab. It's really scaring me.'

"I think this is the Toxic Chambers." Lia cautioned, standing in front of everybody, hoping we wouldn't die.

"Bitch, move! I'm 30. I can protect myself!" Zach shouted, pushing himself away from me.

"She was just trying to look out for us, no need to come for her." Lana intervened, hoping there wouldn't be another fight.

Vanessa found a note on the floor in front of the chamber and read it aloud to us. It read:

'Seal the Power Crystal in the power core above the chamber to open it.'

"Yeah, I won't be able to reach that." I fretted, trying to figure how the hell we could get up there.

"I'm the tallest." Gear interjected, raising his hand.

He grabbed the crystal, opened the panel, put the crystal in, and closed it before stepping down.

The chamber hadn't opened yet.

"Isn't it supposed to open by itself?" Vanessa queried, confusion apparent on her face.

"I think we need to open it." Zach disclosed.

He approached it, opened it, and all the smoke billowed out. It smelt like a blown-out candle and whenever I smell that, I cough and end up gagging.

That ended up happening.

"Val, are you alright?" Oli asked, rushing over to help me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I confided, Oli immediately looking relieved. "It just smelt like that smoke right after you blow out a candle and it makes me gag."