Chapter 8: Howling Demise- Part 3

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, just to clear a quick thing up, the picture is meant to signify how the loser of the challenge is going to die; if you've watched ETN Season 3, you'll know this is Roi after he died. Basically, the death is going to be similar, but without poison. I just thought I should clear that up in case you got confused. But, enough talk, let's get on with the chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We stood up and ran back to the lounge, waiting for who would join Joey to face the Dog Woman..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We hurry back to the lounge as speedily as we can.

I confer with Gear, Lana, Oli, and Lizzie about who we should vote for.

"Guys, listen. This may sound forward, but I'm going to ask it, anyhow." Gear asked, leaving me confused, but I let him say it.

"I think the five of us should align. I heard Lia, the twins, and Zach are doing the same thing." He blurted out, trying to be quiet.

We all agreed to the alliance and after a brisk conversation, since we were all solid on the matter, we agreed to vote for Zach.

He not only didn't help that much, but he's also still quite rude.

Heidi spoke after we sat.

"The first person in the challenge is The Savant. Understood?" She asked, holding up Joey's cards as we nodded.

"This leaves only one slot."

"Wait, Victor, how do you feel about all of this?" Lia commented.

"I mean, the voting stuff was her idea. She is my sister, but I gotta agree; it's a fair way to choose." He responded.

"But, Heidi, we don't have to keep doing this." Joey stuttered, trying to keep his composure.

"It must be done. It is time to vote. Tap the card with the face of the person you would like to enter the challenge with The Savant. We'll start with you." Heidi announced, motioning to me.

I would tell you the order we voted in, but it was the same order, minus Megan. After the voting, we all just sat there, holding our breath.

"I will now shuffle and draw one," Heidi announced.

I looked around.

Gear and Lana were holding each other's hands, Vanessa and Veronica shuffled up right next to each other.

I was just terrified.

"The person in the challenge with The Savant is...."

She picked up the card, looked at it, and turned it around.

The room was in shock.

"N...no..." Lizzie whimpered, tears forming in her eyes.

"Who voted for her!?" Oli shouted, standing up and still in shock.

"Valentina..." Gear whispered, his face pale.

"The Seamstress."

"Well, that's it, I guess," I sighed, standing up. "Let's just get this over with."

Oli: 'I'm so pissed right now! Somebody put my closest friend's name into that deck and now she's at risk of dying! I want to cry, but I gotta be strong. For myself, for my alliance. For her.'

"Follow us to the challenge area, guys." Victor said, Joey now standing and following me, Victor and Heidi as we walked towards the door.

"See you soon, guys. If I die, thanks for everything." I whispered, blowing them a kiss and waving before walking out of the door.

Some of them waved back, but Zach just sat there, smirking.

*Time skip to the challenge brought to you by Valentina's dodgy ass heels.*

We made it to the challenge area after a short walk.

It looked decent; the only terrifying thing was the Dog Woman was standing right in front of us.

"Here are the rules of the challenge," Heidi said, handing us both a note, which I read.

It read:

'Search through the alpha's treasure to find the pieces of his broken pride, which resides in the form of a statue. A finished picture is at the end of the treasure trail. The first to finish their statue will claim his heart, whilst the loser will be the Dog Woman's meal for the night.'

Valentina: 'So, we need to find pieces of a statue, which is an alpha wolf's broken pride. Unfortunately for Joey, I'm good at finding stuff, especially in piles. I gotta get back to my alliance and prove myself to the group.'

"Ready? GO!" Victor shouted, me and Joey racing past the wolf's head-shaped gate into the area.

Right away, I begin searching through the pile for something. 

I was throwing stuff all over the place and I got lucky; I found a head and an arm in the first pile.

I put them on the table where we assembled the statue and searched the second pile.

"Val, give me a second, OK?!" Joey shouted, still having no luck finding any more pieces.

I look over and I see he already had an arm, but that was it.

"Sorry, Joey, but I'm surviving this!" I replied, running back to my table with the base, legs, and the other arm.

I look over at Joey again and see he found the legs and the head.
He was close. 

I look through the final pile and find the torso of the statue.

I make quick work of assembling the statue, Joey still having trouble finding the torso. I'm about to put the head on when Joey looks over at me.

Joey: 'So, I'm trying to find the torso of this statue. And then, I see Valentina's about to put the head on. And my tail falls between my legs...'

"Valentina, NO!" I heard him shout, making me turn my head around to face him as I was about to put the head on.

Joey: 'Pun intended.'

"Sorry, Joey. You may be my idol, but after you killed Megan, I can't trust you anymore." I say, putting the head on. I hear the magic coursing through the Dog Woman as she approaches Joey.

"Wait, no. NO! BAD DOG! STAY AWAY FROM ME! NO, NO, N- AHH!" I hear Joey yell out in agony as the Dog Woman bites into his neck. I watch in pure horror as the Dog Woman eats him alive.

Valentina: 'As much as I feel bad for Joey, I also need to get this damn heart and cleanse the collar!'

I run to the glass case, grab the heart and speed off as fast as I can in these heels.

"Sorry, Joey!" I yelp as I run off. "Love you!"

I run back to Victor and Heidi as the Dog Woman continues to eat Joey, who must be dead at this point.

"Squeeze the heart over the wolf's head, Val! Hurry!" Victor shouts. I do so, trying not to get blood all over my outfit.

The artifact then glows and the Dog Woman vanishes in a puff of black magic, just like the acrobats.

"Come on, let's get back to the group!" Heidi commanded, motioning me towards her. I take one last look at Joey's body and run back to the arcade.

Holding the dog's head in my arms, I approach the lounge door.

As I open it, I hold my breath...