Chapter 14: The Stone Man- Part 1

Author's Note: Hi, guys! So, once again, thank you for your love and support with this fanfiction so far. We are getting closer to 1K reads everyday and I love y'all so much, so thank you for reading.  Also, another quick thing; this chapter is going to be very intense, starting now. Buckle up and prepare for a lot of drama, fighting and a bit of jealously. But enough talk, let's get on with the chapter.

Love y'all, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here. We go. Again..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We were all still trying to process the fact that Lizzie was dead, and that we were already halfway through the night.

Zach was still being an absolute twat, and I really want somebody to either kill him or break his nose.

"I honestly think we should get used to the fact that we're all going to die, so let's just give up on saving ourselves." He badgered, not helping the situation.

"OK, therefore, we ended our alliance with you and why we all want you dead!" Lia shouted, getting ticked off really easily right now.

"And also, is that the reason you and the twins are working with us now?" I ask, just wanting everybody to shut the fuck up.

"Yeah," Veronica confirmed, having the same facial expression as me; burnt out, but pissed off at the same time.

"Can we just find this next artifact and get out of this place, please?! I'm getting sick of you guys fighting all the fucking time!" Oli growled.

Since most of the artifacts have been in the lounge, we conclude that the next artifact is probably outside at another location.

But, before we begin the next death mission, we obviously need to check the map.

Lia: 'So, we're looking at this map and there's a police station near Laceline Rockettes and the drugstore. How big is this town!?'

Whilst I try to figure out why there's a police station, I see Lia trying to... hit on Gear.

I can tell.

I would confront her about this, but Oli asked me to read the note on the map, so I did.

It read:

'The Stone Man worked at Laceline Rockettes before a drunken customer turned him to stone. He now wants blood to tear the stone walls down.'

"So, there's another thing trying to kill us now?" Gear questioned, very confused.

"Yeah. Isn't it obvious?" Zach bleated.

"OK, Zach, just shut up already or I will kick you." Lia threatened. We all went quiet.

Valentina: 'Well, that escalated quickly.'

Lia then went back to trying to hit on Gear as we went outside; she wasn't having much success as I think Gear was just flat out ignoring her by the time we got outside.

"Lia, for the love of God, stop hitting on me! I have a girlfriend and she's literally stood right next to me!" Gear snarled, very annoyed at the whole situation.

"OK, no need to attract attention to us..." Oli bleated.

"Bitch, we haven't even found the artifact yet, so we're not attracting attention to ourselves!" Veronica argued, trying to calm the situation, but ended up causing a train-wreck.

Lana: 'Whilst the group is arguing for no reason, I find a hammer on the table of one of the game stalls and it has a note tied onto it.'

"Guys, I found a hammer!" Lana shouted, waving it in the air, somehow not dropping it on her head. She read the note on it and it read:

'Around the game stalls in this carnival, there are boxes that can be broken with this hammer. Most of them are empty, but one of them contains the Stone Man's Gauntlet. Once the gauntlet is touched, the Stone Man will be released.'

Vanessa: 'So, based on what the note's saying and what's happening right now, I assume that our next artifact is this Stone Man's Gauntlet and our next guardian we need to defeat is the Stone Man. This isn't looking the brightest.'

"Wait, there's a box over here!" Gear pointed out, putting it on the stall where Lana was standing. She smashed the box open with the hammer; there was nothing in it.

"Hey, Gear!" I heard Lia shout, waving her hand in the air. We all turned around, hoping she had found a box.

"Did you just come out of the oven?" Lia quipped; we were all confused, Gear included.

"Um.... no? I didn't see any and also, it's freezing out here!" Gear remarked.

"Because you're hot." Lia denoted. I had to cover my mouth and pretend to be shocked to prevent myself from bursting into laughter.

"Lia, what part of 'I have a girlfriend' do you not understand?!" Veronica responded. Despite being The Cupid, she sure didn't ship this.

"Guys, whilst we did that, I found three boxes," Oli interjected, holding three boxes in front of his face.

Vanessa and I grabbed one each and put them on the table.

Lana smashed them both; nothing in either of them.

Oli then put the final one on the table, only for it to have the same result.

To clear the tension, we all began searching.

Soon, I found another box we needed, which would hopefully contain the Stone Man's Gauntlet.

"Got one! Wow, this is heavy!" I called out, struggling to carry it.

"Don't worry, I got it," Zach muttered.

He took the box out of my hands... and dropped it on the floor right in front of me.

"Zach, what the hell?!" Lana fumed, approaching Zach.

She was furious about everything that had just happened, from Lia hitting on Gear to what happened just now.

The next thing I knew, Lana had slapped Zach across the face.

"The fuck was that for, you Russian hooker!?" Zach screamed

Veronica: 'Oh, not this again. *She would facepalm.*'

"OK, you did not just say that in front of me!" Lana raged, getting more annoyed by the second.

"He called you that earlier, Lana. I'm going to leave it at that, though. It was when you were at the challenge." Vanessa interjected, trying to calm Lana down.

Vanessa and Veronica then came over and everybody helped in a way to carry the incredibly heavy box to the stall.

Lana smashed the box open and inside was the Stone Man's Gauntlet.

By first instinct, she picked it up.

"Um... Lana?" I asked, looking anxious.

"Yeah? What's going on?" She responded, looking confused and worried.

"You.... just released the Stone Man." Vanessa stuttered.

Suddenly, we heard a loud crash.

We turn around towards Laceline Rockettes and see...

TO BE CONTINUED. <3