Chapter 35: The Delamont Mistress- Part 1

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, this is it; the final showdown between our remaining four guests- Gear, Lana, Oli and Valentina- and the Delamont Mistress. 

This chapter will contain mentions of the undead (Undead demons), a LOT of running, some crazy stuff and a lot of risks. So, get some snacks, get comfy and don't go anywhere. Let's get on with the finale!

Your Author, Marbella.<3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We look at the cemetery and see...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentina's POV:

We look at the lit-up cemetery and see what looks to be zombie-demon hybrids emerging from the grave. They're all.... limping towards the church.

And towards us!

"SHIT! We gotta go! RUN!" Gear yelped, all of us racing out of the church.

"Tearing.... you... APART!" The Delamont Mistress screamed as we ran from the church, followed by an evil cackle.

We were running faster than cheetahs trying to get into the arcade without these things catching us.

I nearly tripped on multiple occasions, but in the end, we got into the arcade and could barricade the door, race into our lounge, and grab the map off of the wall.

Oli: 'So, out of nowhere, this Delamont Mistress woman summoned these demon zombies to kill us. And, we get the map off of the wall and there's something on the back of it.'

"That lady just brought the dead back to life. What the hell's going on?!" Lana panted, exhausted from the running.

"Guys, there's something on the back of the map. It might help us out here." Oli mentioned, laying the map face down on the back of the table.

The monologue on the back had changed.

Valentina: 'So, on the back of the map, it isn't explaining the mission anymore. Instead, there are these two women stood outside of the church and another giant monologue explaining what we need to do next.'

Lana read what was on the back of the map to us.

It read:

'We were forced to retreat from our fight against the Delamont Mistress because we didn't know her secret. She stole the Life Locks and placed her spirit inside of them. Whilst these locks still exist, she cannot be killed. You must find the three Life Locks she stole and, combined with the power of the cleansed artifacts, destroy her and free Delamont. The first Life Lock lies at the heart of a fallen forest.

However, be wary of the Delamont Mistress' undead demons. If they capture you, you'll be taken to the cemetery, where you must be rescued by two of your friends who will need to place their hands on the mausoleum. If you are not freed in five minutes, the demons will sacrifice you and feast on your flesh.'

"Wait, turn the map over!" I urged, pointing to the map.

We looked at it and saw that where the Un-named Bandit's lair once was, there's a tree stump.

And apparently, that's the heart of this fallen forest.

"So, no matter what, if one of us gets captured, two of us have to save them. I can't imagine leaving town with none of you." Gear confided, a slight smile on his face.

"Yeah, we're in this together. Hands in, guys!" Lana cheered, putting her hand in the middle of the map. We all did the same.

"OK, on 3, guys. 1, 2, 3..." I said, all of us saying 'Together!' at the same time.

We exited the arcade and just legged it to this... fallen forest as fast as we humanly could. Thankfully, nobody got captured, but we had to weave our way through a hoard of undead demons to get here.

And the hardest thing about it all was trying to find this tree stump, out of all things. It's so dark out here and we're just feeling around for nothing.

Until, suddenly, I spot something.

"Wait, guys, I think this is the heart! Over here!" I contended, waving my hand so they could hopefully see me.

Valentina: 'So, now we've found the stump, we need to find how to get this Life Lock, which the map didn't specify. So, let's hope we still have some level of intelligence to figure that out.'

Lana ended up pulling a glowing light out of the stump, as if by magic. She thought it would be a good idea to put the light back on the stump.

And when she did, the lock lowered down and Oli grabbed it.

Lana: 'So, somehow, we have the first of these three Life Locks we need to kill the Delamont Mistress and get back home. And Gear finds this note that read:'

'The second Life Lock is resting on the end of a dancer's ribbon. However, you will need to wear her famous mask to see it. Her raiments are on higher ground, where you played the Alpha's Game.'

"Wait, was that the game where we pulled the darts from that jar?" Lana queried, all of us nodding.

"Wait, we played it at Laceline Rockettes! The problem is; how do we get there? We can't just leg it again; all the demons are crowding the door." Oli mewled, lightly face-palming himself.

"I'm thinking that we all swing around the back of the arcade..." Gear muttered, bending his hand, trying to find a route.

"And then go in through the side door. Guys, follow me."

We followed Gear, using the same route he was just muttering to himself.

We barricaded ourselves in and headed upstairs.

We just needed to find the ribbon and the mask.

And then, we ran into a problem; there were so many undead demons outside, we wouldn't be able to open the door when we get what we need.

"Well, hope isn't lost!" I effused, exiting through the front doorway and standing on the railing of the balcony.

"OK, Val, what the fuck are you doing?!" Lana cried, looking completely dumbfounded.

"I'm jumping off of this balcony to distract the demons. I've done it before, don't worry. I'm not gonna die." I reassured.

I readied myself and went to make the jump.

Here goes nothing...

TO BE CONTINUED. <3