4 - Chicken Soup

"I figured out what gender the cat is," You jump slightly from the deep voice calling out to you from behind. "He's a boy," Jimin says weakly and you can't help but smile at him. You turn around again, poking at the firewood and putting some more coal on the blazing fire.

"What are you going to call him?" You ask, putting the fire poker away and getting to your feet. Jimin walks over to the sofa in front of the fire, sitting down and letting the cat sit still in his lap. "I get to name him?" He asks with wide eyes and you chuckle, nodding.

"Yeah, of course. What's your favourite type of soup?" You ask, pulling off your hoodie and leaving you in just a black crop top and high waisted sweatpants. "I'm not naming him after soup, doll," Jimin looks up at you condescendingly and you sigh.

"No, I'm asking so I can make you some, dumbass," You say and he shrugs, looking down at the cat again. "I dunno, I don't really have a favourite type of soup," He says and you frown. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, I never really have soup," Jimin says, stroking the calico's back and causing it to purr contently. "Wow. I guess I'll just make chicken soup then. I'm gonna go grab you some clothes while the soup's on the stove too."

"Thanks for everything, I really am gra-Oh fuck, stop that, come here, no no no no, stop-" Jimin stops thanking you to frantically talk to the cat as he tries to climb out of his lap and walk across the sofa. "You can just let him sniff the cushion, you know."

Jimin scowls at your giggle, grabbing the cat and pulling him back into his lap. "He's going to get cat hair all over your sofa," He says, still trying to control the adventurous cat. You laugh again, walking over and picking up the cat in your arms. "And? I literally own a ferret, there's animal hair everywhere anyways."

"A ferret? That's so cool," Jimin says in admiration as you put the cat down on the pillow he was interested in. He happily sniffs it, pawing at it gently. "You can meet her later. Now, I'll be back in a few minutes with your clothes, try and figure out a name for the cat while I'm gone."

"Yes ma'am," Jimin grins and you chuckle, leaving the sitting room and entering the kitchen. You smile to yourself as you take a can of chicken soup out of the cupboard, listening to Jimin talk to the cat while he plays with him. His little giggles are barely audible, but they still make something flutter in your stomach.

Within a minute or two, the soup is slowly heating up in its saucepan and you decide to go grab the clothes before it burns. You rush upstairs through the other door, not wanting to go through the sitting room and disturb Jimin and the cat.

You reach your brother's room and root around in his wardrobe, searching for the warmest clothes possible. You pull out the heaviest, fluffiest hoodie you can find and grab some black sweatpants from his drawers, ones that sort of resemble yours.

You grab a white shirt and some black fluffy socks before leaving again, the bundle of clothes in your arms somewhat blocking your vision. Once you emerge from his room, Haeyon emerges from hers, looking at you with concern. "Why are you robbing Mingyu's clothes?"

You ignore her, carefully walking downstairs. "For Jimin, obviously," You say as she follows you closely. "He's got to be something more than a friend, you wouldn't do all this for someone you don't really really care about."

You roll your eyes at her as she follows you into the kitchen. "He's just a friend, now go check on that soup, will you?" You ask, nodding towards the simmering soup on the stove. Hae sighs but obeys you, walking over and stirring it slowly with a wooden spoon.

You walk into the sitting room over to Jimin, chucking the clothes at his pretty little head. He pouts up at you once the clothes fall from around his face into his arms. "Could've given me a warning."