15 - Crush

"Where are you gonna sleep?"

"Can't I sleep here?" Jimin asks, peering up at you with his very best puppy eyes. "Sure. I have to go grab some extra blankets for myself though, the sofa—"

"No no, I mean with you. You don't have to sleep on the sofa," Jimin interrupts and you chuckle, stroking his hair soothingly. "My brother would kill me if I ever let a boy sleep in my bed, Jiminie," You say with a small smile and Jimin immediately hides his face in your chest again.  You frown until you notice his ears turning slightly red. Is he blushing? Wow, that's adorable.

"I'll sleep on the bean bag if you want, then I'll at least be close by," You suggest and Jimin shakes his head a little, not raising it out of your chest. "No way. Maybe you can lock your bedroom door? I don't want you sleeping on the couch or the bean bag."

"And I don't want you sleeping on the couch, you'll freeze to death," You reply absentmindedly, thinking about it. "So let me stay here, in bed with you," Jimin says, looking up at you with large, sparkling eyes. You sigh before running your fingers through his tangles of curly locks at the back of his head. "Fine."

Jimin bursts into a victorious grin, hugging you tighter and resting his cheek against your chest, his fluffy hair tickling just under your chin. You chuckle, resting your head on his and continuing to scroll through Instagram.

You don't realize it, but Jimin is buzzing on the inside from the prospect of sleeping in the same bed with you. Despite it being somewhat expected of him to think of it sexually, he's just looking forward to cuddling you to sleep and waking up with you in his arms.

The thought of you mumbling good morning to him makes his heart flutter and his stomach flip. This is so weird, he's never felt such a way before. Then again, he doesn't...hate it.

Actually, he quite likes this feeling. He likes feeling this way about you, despite it being terrifying and daunting. What way is he feeling though? He likes you, but, not in a crush way, right? Oh God, does he have a crush on you?

That would explain his behaviour and stomach problems. Taehyung used to have a crush on this guy, and he explained it to Jimin the best he could. Jimin squeezes his eyes shut tight trying to remember his words. 

"It feels like I'm on top of the world when I'm with him, and I get these butterflies in my stomach, you get me?"

Butterflies...are they what Jimin's experiencing? He's never felt that before, but that must be it. He certainly feels on top of the world when he's with you, so these feelings must be developing to become a crush.

"I'm gonna go change before you fall asleep on top of me, get off."

Your words throw his speeding train of thought of its tracks and he looks up at you with wide eyes. "But—" He begins but you interrupt him quickly, "Nope, I need to change, no buts. Let go."

Jimin sighs, rolling off of you and watching dolefully as you grab some clothes and leave the room. He leans his head back against the soft pillows, raising one hand to his face and gently pressing a finger against his bruise.

He hisses in pain, quickly stopping. He's used to bad bruises, but this one hurts more than usual because it's right on his cheekbone. Jimin's brows knit together as he glares up at the ceiling thinking of who did it to him.

Every time this happens, he swears to himself he'll fight back next time, that he'll never let his father hit him again. Then, it does happen again, and suddenly he's weak. He spends hours working out to become stronger, and then crumbles as soon as the beatings begin.

The corners of Jimin's lips upturn a little thinking about how you cried in his arms seeing his injury. He's never had someone cry over him the way you did. When you looked up at him with those glassy eyes, tears streaming down your face, he felt his heart twinge. He could see the worry and pain in your eyes for him, and that made him feel strange.

You care for him, as much as you'd hate to admit. However, the thought of him caring for you is enough to make him giggle and blush like an idiot. He bites his bottom lip to contain his smile, closing his eyes and envisioning your face.

His heart jumps as his mind conjures up the image of you smiling and laughing with him. Earlier today, when you two went to get milkshakes...he's never felt happier. You make him feel a way no one else does, but he's worried you'll never like him for him.

You've hated me for the past 4 years of high school, just because you spend two nights together and you take care of him doesn't guarantee you liking him. Jimin chews the inside of his cheek, closing his eyes. He just wishes you'd maybe see him the way he sees you. 

Even though he wanted you to see him as intimidating and not a sensitive idiot before, he doesn't want that anymore. You said he was intimidating when he looked up at you and, even though he laughed, he felt something weird, like he didn't want you seeing him that way.

Maybe because he associates intimidation with his school persona, which is the side of him that you hate. At this point, Jimin doesn't care if you see him as sensitive, weak, whatever. As long as you're seeing him, the side of him that's real and natural.

Jimin's thoughts are interrupted by you entering the room again. You throw your sweatpants aside, brushing down your oversized t-shirt. Jimin glances up at you, doing a double–take at your outfit.

"I'm wearing shorts underneath, don't look at me like that," You scowl, walking over and grabbing the hem of your shirt, lifting it a little to show your black satin shorts. Jimin smiles at you, reaching his hand out and grabbing your arm, pulling you down into the bed on top of him.

"Wait, I need to see if Mingyu locked up," You whine, pulling your wrists out of his grasp and trying to get up. Jimin quickly grabs your hips, holding you firmly as you sit on his tummy. "He probably has, stop trying to leave."

You narrow your eyes at him before sighing and giving in. You hook your arms around his neck and lay down on his chest, resting your cheek just in between his collarbones. "You're impossible," You mumble, but Jimin doesn't care, ecstatic that you're back in his arms. 

He wraps his legs around yours and kisses the top of your head, basking in your sweet scent. He didn't lie earlier, he genuinely hates flowery smells, but on you? They make him feel delirious, better than he ever has before.

"Jiminie?"

Jimin's heart skips yet another beat at the nickname, but he tries his best to hide it by humming in response, gently stroking your hair and wrapping a lock around his finger playfully. You shift your head a little so you can look up at him, frowning a little.

"Why are you so intent on cuddling me?"

Jimin bites his bottom lip, trying to figure out how to answer that without oversharing. "Well, I...you...I don't—"

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious," You shrug, nestling your face back into his chest contently. Jimin closes his mouth, chewing his tongue as he tries to think of an answer. Even though you said he doesn't have to answer, he feels that you should know.

"You...you might think it's a bit weird," He mumbles and you glance up at him. "Of course I won't. I already know you're a total weirdo anyways," You smile reassuringly and he chuckles, tugging on your lock of hair gently. "Shut up."

Jimin can't help but feel a warm sense of comfort when around you, so he decides quickly that he should tell you.

What's the worst that can happen?

---
A/N :

i have nothing to say for once just thank u for the support as always

please vote comment follow and read my new book ethereal 👹 ok love u all byebye