one

cassie's outfit will always be at the top! (:

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐒 cars and buildings past by her

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐒 cars and buildings past by her. she sat in the back of the rental car with dakota and finn while riley, brynn and lily sat in the middle and adelaide and aidan in the front seats. ❝are we almost there yet? we've been driving for thirty minutes.❞ dakota complained as she fidgeted in her seat. ❝we're almost there, kota.❞ adelaide reassured the young girl causing her to sigh before she stared out of the window.

cassie leaned forward and rested her chin on the seats. ❝hey riles, can i have some?❞ cassie asked as she stared at the chip bag in riley's hands. ❝yeah, here.❞ riley said as she handed cassie the chip bag. ❝thanks.❞ cassie said before she leaned back in her seat and began eating the chips. ❝before we get there, we have to set some ground rules.❞ aidan announced to the six siblings causing each of them to groan.

❝it's not that bad, trust me. rule number one, no sneaking out. i know how it is to be a teenager and i don't want you guys getting the habit of doing things behind our backs when you guys can talk to us. rule number two, curfew on weeknights is 11:30 and on weekends its midnight.❞ aidan announced as he kept his eyes on the road.

❝rule number three, no bringing girls or boys into the house without telling us. this one's for you finn.❞ adelaide said as she turned and stared at finn. ❝it was one time, addy.❞ finn grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest. ❝yeah and what happened?❞ addy asked sternly. ❝she stole a pair of your shoes.❞ finn mumbled causing dakota and cassie to giggle lightly.

❝rule number four, no fighting. we can't have a repeat of last year, do we cassie?❞ adelaide asked as she looked at cassie through the rearview mirror. ❝she deserved it.❞ cassie muttered as she looked out of the window. ❝and rule number five, try and get along with each other. we can't have a repeat of last year's christmas party.❞ aidan stated as the siblings rolled their eyes. ❝it's finn's fault for calling me a bitch.❞ brynn remarked as she flicked off her brother.

❝and the final rule is, no secrets. we all know what happened when secrets were kept.❞ adelaide said causing the siblings to stay quiet. for the rest of the ride, it was silent. none of the siblings wanted to break the awkward silence after the mention of their mother. ❝alright, we're here.❞ aidan announced causing the six younger siblings to scramble out of the rental car and stare up at their new home.

❝thankfully, i was able to get all of your things into your rooms and all you have to do is unpack your clothes.❞ adelaide said as she turned to her siblings. ❝can we go inside?❞ lily asked eagerly. ❝yeah, go ahead.❞ aidan said causing the five younger siblings to rush into the house, leaving cassie alone with adelaide and aidan. ❝what's wrong?❞ adelaide asked her younger sister. ❝it feels weird being back in california.❞ cassie said as she looked between her two older siblings.