seven

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 living room as bryce's friends were sat in the pool house

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 living room as bryce's friends were sat in the pool house. the only thing that can be heard is the soft crackling of the wood in the fireplace. cassie sat next to bryce as she kept her eyes on the fireplace while her mother stared at her daughter.

❝are you just going to stare into the fireplace and not tell us why you're here?❞ nora asked her niece causing cassie to turn to the woman with a glare. ❝your sister hasn't told you?❞ cassie asked as she raised a brow. ❝cassie.❞ the woman warned her daughter. ❝no, she hasn't.❞ nora said as her eyes flickered between the two.

❝my dad is looking for her.❞ cassie said as she looked towards her mother. ❝i don't know why but i'm sure my mom knows. don't you mom?❞ cassie asked angrily. ❝this has nothing to do with you.❞ cassie's mother scolded the girl. ❝it has everything to do with me.❞ cassie yelled at her mom. ❝he was following me from work and he went to my house to look for me. supposedly you went missing and i was the only one who knew where you were.❞ cassie said with a scoff.

❝how did you know your mothers here?❞ barry asked the young girl. ❝in good times and in bad, my mom turns to nora.❞ cassie said with no emotion. ❝cassie, i am so sorry-❞ cassie's mother started but was cut off by cassie. ❝i don't need your shitty apology. i need to know why dad is looking for you after all this time.❞ cassie said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

❝when we were married, we had created a trust fund for you and in that fund is around 50 thousand dollars. after the divorce, i locked him out of the account and gave full access to adelaide and aidan. your father didn't know and he had just recently found out and he's angry. he wants me to put his name in the account so he is able to financially support him and his wife.❞ cassie's mother explained.

❝his wife?❞ cassie asked as she slowly uncrossed her arms. ❝he remarried a few years ago.❞ cassie's mother said causing cassie to scoff. ❝he won't go home until you put his name on the fund, mom.❞ cassie said as she fiddled with her hands. ❝i'm not going to allow him to spend the money we put for you for him and his wife.❞ cassie's mom said as she looked at her daughter.

❝so what are we gonna do?❞ cassie asked her family. ❝i think it's time you reunite with your kids, elizabeth.❞ nora told her sister in law. ❝i don't think that's a good idea. the last thing aidan said to me was i hope i never see you again.❞ elizabeth told her sister in law. ❝he wants to see you mom. he just has a hard time of letting things go. it'll take time.❞ cassie reassured her mom before she sighed.

❝as much as i love this family reunion, i think i should head back home.❞ cassie explained to the four. ❝you're leaving? you've only been here a few hours. why can't you stay for the weekend and then you can go back home?❞ bryce asked his little cousin. cassie stared at bryce for awhile before she gave in. ❝fine but i'm leaving sunday evening.❞ cassie said causing elizabeth to smile.