twenty-three

CASSIE HAD UNDERWENT HER SECOND SURGERY AND IT WENT GREAT

she had started having feeling in her toes and although she still wasn't able to fully move her legs, it was still progress.

with that, it seemed that cassie's memory wasn't at its best.

she hardly remembered any of her fathers wrong doings and it worried aidan.

he feared that without cassie remembering anything that his father had done, she would be more susceptible to her fathers brainwashing.

it also didn't help that eric had informed cassie that aidan didn't visit her the entire time she was in a coma and had caused a rift between their relationship.

eric hardly let aidan have any alone time with cassie and if he did, it was only for a short period of time.

❝so, how did your surgery go?❞ aidan asked as eric stood outside of the hospital room on the phone with one of his employees.

❝it went good. i'm able to move my toes so that's progress.❞ cassie shrugged.

❝but the doctor says i have a few blank spots in my memory which may have been because of the fall i had.❞ cassie informed him as she looked up at him.

❝which is why i didn't remember mom had died.❞

❝yeah, there's a lot that we should catch you up on.❞

❝dad has done a bit. he said mom died of cancer and adelaide gave birth to her son the same day. that's pretty much it.❞

❝we'll talk about everything else after you've recovered. you've gone through too much as is.❞

❝ was in a freak accident, aidan. i didn't die.❞ cassie remarked.

❝but you could've and all because of this stupid rivalry, cassie. don't you see that this is all because of karate?❞

❝what are you trying to say?❞ she asked incredulously.

❝i'm saying that you should quit karate. this crap is what got you in the hospital in the first place.❞

❝what got me in the hospital was this stupid boy drama that i don't even remember.❞ cassie exclaimed.

❝i remember the whole robby, sam, miguel and i drama but that was months ago. how could that cause the fight that happened?❞ cassie remarked before sighing.

❝i just wish robby was here.❞ cassie sighed as she covered her face with her hands.

❝he's in juvie, cass. after he kicked miguel off of the second floor, he went on the run but i managed to lessen his sentence.❞

❝i get out in a few days, can you take me to see him?❞ she asked.

❝i don't think that's the best thing right now, cass.❞ aidan shook his head.