twenty-one

A FEW WEEKS HAD PASSED AND IT HAS NOW BEEN A MONTH SINCE THE FIGHT AT THE SCHOOL

A FEW WEEKS HAD PASSED AND IT HAS NOW BEEN A MONTH SINCE THE FIGHT AT THE SCHOOL. MIGUEL HAD WOKEN UP AND CASSIE HADN'T.

this took a toll on the walker family. aidan had lost hope that his sister would wake up and he stopped visiting altogether. he couldn't go through what he went through with his mom and so he made the decision to stop visiting her.

it absolutely killed him to make that decision but he knew if he kept visiting her, he would go down the same downward spiral his mom did and he didn't want to put finn and pakora through that.

❝do you have any leads on robby?❞ he asked as he paced back and forth in his office. ❝his mom called and said he's at the rehab center. i'm heading there now with the cops, you might want to make your way there before they get there.❞ daniel told him as he drove down towards the rehab center.

❝i'm on my way.❞ aidan told him before the two hung up. the elder walker gathered his things before making his way out of the house. ❝aidan, where are you going? we're suppose to go see cassie today.❞ brooke reminded her boyfriend as she followed him.

❝you know i can't brooke.❞ aidan shook his head as he continued to walk away from her. ❝she is your sister and she needs you! you haven't been there in weeks, aidan. how do you think she'll feel when she learns you weren't there?❞ brooke asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

❝she won't because she's gone, brooke. she should've woken up a few weeks ago. patients who have been in a coma for a month don't end up waking up and if cassie is one of those patients, i don't want to be there when they announce my baby sister is dead.

i can't go through what i went through with my mom because if i go visit her and she dies, i will go down a spiral that i will not come out of. cassie was my everything and if she's gone, i won't be able to live with myself.

so please, let it go.❞ he begged before he quickly got in his car and drove away from the house he could no longer call home without cassie.

❝he said no, didn't he?❞ riley asked as she approached brooke. ❝yeah, he did.❞ brooke sighed as she placed a hand on her forehead. ❝everyday, i ask him to go with us and it's always the same answer. i can't keep doing this, riley. it's killing me just as much as it's killing him.❞ brooke cried as she pulled riley into a hug.

❝i know but we have to be strong for cassie. we're all she has left.❞ riley whispered as she tried her best not to cry. ❝have you heard any news about her?❞ brooke asked, wanting some good news to help get her through the day.

❝she had more brain activity today.❞ brooke sighed in relief, there was still some hope that cassie would wake up from her coma. ❝thank you.❞ brooke whispered as she looked up at the sky before looking back at riley.

❝lets go visit our girl.❞ brooke smiled before they walked back into the house to take the others to go visit cassie.

❝are you sure this is the best option?❞ daniel asked as he looked over at aidan. ❝it's either this or three months in juvie.❞ aidan snapped, not liking how daniel was doubting him. ❝fine. he's right there. you should talk to him incase he wants to know about cassie.❞