eight

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 wind blew around them

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 wind blew around them. the blonde walker wasn't ready to say goodbye to her mother. over the last three days, she had forgiven her mother and had created a bond that the two never had before.

❝i'm gonna miss you, mom.❞ cassie whispered into her mother's ear. ❝i'm gonna miss you too, cass.❞ elizabeth whispered softly. the two hugged for a while before they finally pulled away. ❝i should go before the traffic gets bad.❞ cassie told her mother softly. ❝drive safe, cassandra.❞ elizabeth warned her daughter.

❝of course, mom.❞ cassie smiled before she climbed into her car. she waved goodbye to her family before she pulled out of the drive way. she gave her family one last glance before she drove down the road. cassie was sad that she had to leave her mom. the two were barely rekindling their bond that had been broken for years.

she had offered to bring her mother with her but elizabeth refused because she knew her other children wouldn't be as open as cassie was and that upset elizabeth greatly but she knew it was her fault that they didn't live with her anymore. she had forced adelaide and aidan to grow up and take care of their younger siblings.

the entire ride back to encino was silent. if she was being honest, she didn't want to go back home. she wanted to stay in evergreen with her mother and go to liberty with her friends but she knew she couldn't stay. no matter how much she had missed her mom, she couldn't leave her siblings. they were her support system.

after almost an hour drive, cassie had arrived back home. she didn't tell anyone she was coming back and she felt relieved. she didn't want to deal with robby or miguel. she just wanted to spend time with her family. so cassie climbed out of her car and grabbed her things before she made her way inside the house.

once she had walked in, she had gotten the feeling of being home. like she was safe. the blonde walked further into the house to see brynn and riley sitting at the island. cassie couldn't help but smile at the sight of her two sisters. ❝cass?❞ finn asked as he noticed the girl from the staircase.

this caused both brynn and riley to turn around and see the girl. ❝cass!❞ exclaimed riley as she rushed towards her sister. cassie immediately dropped her things before she wrapped her arms around her sister. ❝hey riles.❞ cassie whispered as she enjoyed her sisters embrace.

❝i'm so glad you're home.❞ brynn told her sister sincerely. ❝yeah, me too.❞ cassie smiled as she pulled away from riley. dakota and lily had heard the girls voice and they immediately sprinted down the stairs. ❝you're home.❞ the girls yelled as they tackled cassie into a hug. ❝hi.❞ cassie whispered as she hugged her sisters.

❝what's with all of the screaming?❞ aidan asked as he entered the living room. once aidan had seen cassie, a smile appeared on his lips. ❝you're home.❞ aidan smiled as he brought his little sister into a hug. ❝i'm sorry for leaving.❞ cassie whispered as she hugged her brother. ❝it's okay, cass.❞ aidan told the girl as he set her down on the floor.