seventeen

IT HAD BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE THE DEATH OF CASSIE'S MOTHER AND A LOT HAS HAPPENED SINCE THEN

elizabeth's funeral was held a week after her death and it went as smoothly as it could be. well, that was until eric walker had decided to grace his children with his presence.

the minute he had walked into the funeral home, it had unleashed all sorts of chaos. aidan was beyond furious and had asked his father what he wanted.

the siblings knew their father could care less about their mother's death and only showed himself once he needed something.

turns out, he wanted full custody of cassie, finn and dakota and he also wanted to gain full access to their trust funds.

he wanted to take the three away from aidan and he wanted to make sure he left the kids with nothing. more specifically, left aidan with nothing.

the siblings now sat around the table as they read over the letter their father's attorney had sent them. ❝he wants full custody of finn, cassie and dakota along with access to their trust funds.❞ aidan stated as he read off of the letter.

❝there's no way in hell that i'm going with him, let alone give him access to my trust fund. he'll just use it for him and his wife.❞ cassie spat angrily as she paced back and forth.

❝so what's the plan? are we gonna fight this?❞ addy asked as she nursed elijah. ❝hell yeah we're going to fight this, addy. i have spent the last few years raising them as my own and there's no way in hell i'm letting him split up our family.❞

❝what does this mean if we decide to fight this?❞ riley asked nervously. ❝it means that we're going to court, which is three days away.❞ aidan sighed as he rubbed his face with his hands.

❝he planned this, aidan. he didn't give you enough time on purpose so he'll have an advantage over you.❞ brynn explained angrily.

❝lucky for me, i'm one of the best lawyers in the united states and i have other lawyers in my phone that are just as good as me.❞ aidan explained as he took out his phone.

❝don't you guys worry about this. i won't let him split our family apart. not after it took me years to repair what he broke.❞ aidan reassured his siblings causing them to nod.

finn, dakota, lily and brynn went up to their rooms while cassie and riley stayed downstairs with aidan and addy.

❝i can't live with him again, aidan. i can't go through that again.❞ cassie cried as she finally let her worries show.

cassie tried to be strong for both finn and dakota but she knew she couldn't be strong in front of aidan. since she could remember, the two were extremely close.

their bond with each other was unmatched. the two were like best friends and if cassie was ripped away from aidan, the two would never be the same.

cassie was aidan's support system and aidan was cassie's. the two wouldn't be able to live apart.