Chapter 53 - Infinite Energy

Midori Raiko quickly realised that, whilst behind the concrete barrier, Overhaul had deconstructed himself and reconstructed himself using the body of an ally. Based on the extra mouth he had, it was Shin Nemoto. 

"You're nothing but a curse Eri!" Overhaul's second mouth spoke, thundering through the rooms and cavern from Shin Nemoto's quirk as he raised all four of his arms, swinging them to the ground as he placed his outstretched palms down.

The four hands each had the concrete around them rumble briefly, before they each resulted in a massive pillar flying towards Midori Raiko. In total, four pillars that were several meters wide each that was flying at tremendous speeds towards him.

They smashed the previous concrete barrier, and Midori Raiko reacted almost immediately. He jumped up, over the barriers and flicking his feet as he released a stream of lightning, destroying one of the pillars completely. 

He then used a blast from his left arm to dodge left, before bringing his right arm around and destroying another of the pillars.

"Eri! Another person is going to die because of you! So be a good girl, and RETURN!" Overhaul bellowed, and Midori Raiko had to fight the urge to yell back. He knew it wouldn't work as well as Shin Nemoto's (or formerly Shin Nemoto's) confession quirk. And he needed to keep focus. A single mistake could result in injury or, more likely, death. 

Despite this, Izuku spun himself in the air to face the ground, kicking off the roof and accidentally cracking the ceiling as he jumped back to the ground, the two remaining pillars following him. 

Once he landed on the floor, he landed hard resulting in a large crater appearing around him. He aimed both arms up, as flicked his hands in a particular way causing the palms of the gauntlets to detach. He quickly used a rapid polarity change using a high density stream of lightning within his palms to create powerful, ad hoc projectiles that each destroyed one of the pillars.

He turned to glare at Overhaul, who was preparing a larger attack of his own. The ground around his hands rumbled as they almost flowed into a single, massive pillar moving at a rate comparable to Sir Nighteye's attacks. Thinking fast, Midori Raiko knew he couldn't prepare a railgun shot in time, nor would he be able to repel it or divert it.

He braced himself, in a jumping position with his right foot back. He gathered as much energy within his leg muscles as he could whilst also gathering excessive amounts within his right arm and gauntlet. 

Moments before the pillar would crush him, he jumped forward with his right fist leading, sparks flying off. And then the two collided.

He felt the pillar crumble in front of his fist, and despite the whole exchange happening in less than a few seconds, it felt like minutes as he pulsed green lightning through the concrete pillar. The concrete around his fist was cracking from impact as he kept going through, before it all shattered with a final pulse of green lightning. 

This surprised Overhaul who ended up getting punched in the face in the end, sending his mask flying and there was an audible click from his jaw, causing the four armed villain to scream in pain. Midori Raiko had to quickly jump back as to avoid being caught in any of the arms as Overhaul reconstructed his jaw quickly, the body part seeming to phase in and out of reality briefly. 

"Ah Eri, good girl, come over here," Overhaul said turning his attention to the opening into the cavern. Midori Raiko's heart broke a little as he saw the little girl standing there, scared, on the edge of bawling her eyes out as she quietly walked over.

"No Eri!" Midori Raiko called out, "It will be okay! Go back to Lemillion, he'll help you!"

"NO ERI! HE IS DYING FOR YOU; WILL DIE FOR YOU! COME HERE AND NO-ONE ELSE WILL NEED TO DIE!" Overhaul screamed more as Eri shuffled over.