Chapter 57 - A Normal Shopping Trip

Izuku was rushing out of 1-A's dorm at 7 of the morning of the school festival. After dropping Eri off with Nejire (who was looking after the little girl for the morning before he would look after her until ), he needed to pick some things up from the general store for both the performance and for Eri herself. He had an extra little plan for her, but needed to pick a few things up.

He was outside a quaint little cafe shop that he picked up a quick breakfast from when he saw a few people... acting shady. "Excuse me? Are you visiting the cafe?" The taller, based on his voice, gentleman asked.

"Yes... I was just having some breakfast quickly whilst I pick some things up from the store," Izuku responded carefully, gesturing to the bag in his left hand.

"Oh really? I am going there personally for their world-class tea! It is one of few places in Japan that serves this specific brand of tea!" He said, before someone much shorter than him tugged on his coat, equally dressed up, "Ah, I apologise, I have rambled too long and am running late for a... significant engagement. I will bid you farewell!"

As he said this, he began walking down the road and Izuku could notice he was getting visibly antsier. Wait...

This encounter triggered a peculiar memory. Nezu had him, whilst helping Eri sleep at the hospital, use a pair of headphones and analyse a HeroTube villain. These were not particularly uncommon, however the difference with this guy was that he, whilst not effective, was strong. And INCREDIBLY eccentric. 

As such, whilst he had not committed particularly horrible crimes, he was still wanted for armed assault and armed robbery. Many, many charges of which. It seemed his only motivation was fame and to go down in history, making him relatively weak. With such a motivation, he didn't really have much drive. What made him dangerous was his quirk, if you couldn't keep track of it it would quickly overwhelm you. That was made apparent by the heroes that had tried to stop him, none of them permanently incapacitated but all had significantly reduced potential as heroes.

La Brava on the other hand, was far more dangerous. Whilst she didn't pose a threat physically, it was clear based on the videos where they incidentally dropped hints regarding her quirk, it made Gentle Criminal far more dangerous and capable. Additionally, it seemed the strength of her own emotion effected how strong the quirk effect was.

And she clearly had nothing to lose. Her life was dedicated to Gentle Criminal, and after some digging into her past (completely legally of course) he found she was once a notorious hacker that was a hardcore fangirl of the HeroTube villain. With this she was able to track him down, fuelled by her devotion. It was a little creepy. But more importantly, she was completely dedicated to him, making her dangerous as she would do anything for him.

"Wait," Izuku stopped the duo that were trying to run away, "You wouldn't happen to have directions to U.A from here?"

"Why yes, it's over that direction!" Gentle Criminal pointed the opposite way. That confirmed it. Someone who doesn't know would just say they don't, lying only makes sense if he wants to distract.

"Thank you... I'm sure I'll see you around... Gentle Criminal," Izuku said with a little venom in his voice, causing the duo to freeze, "I'll be honest, I didn't want to personally take you in but it's obvious you are planning on doing something to U.A. And unfortunately I have a lot riding on this. I will kindly ask you to leave us alone, and will not bother apprehending you today."

Gentle Criminal sighed, "I apologize child, but I have far bigger plans in mind that involve your school."

"Then you leave me no choice," Izuku said, his quirk pumping through his skin as he gently put down his bag, and jumped at them.