Chapter 56 - Preparing for the Festival!

Izuku and Nejire were spending time with Eri, who had steadily been growing attached to Nejire as well, whilst also building her own confidence. Whilst she still couldn't be left alone, she was happy to be with either of the couple and other people she had been introduced to prior (such as Aizawa-sensei) that it was apparent the couple liked or trusted, or Eri had spent time with previously.

Other people that Eri had been introduced to she was... tolerant of. Still, it was much better than it used to be.

This was useful as both Izuku and Nejire had commitments in advance for the upcoming school festival. And so Mirio and Tamaki, who were doing something but would have Eri help them practice, became Eri's third and fourth favourite people. It also gave them a chance to introduce the concept of love and closer relationships to her.

It was a very long afternoon, but she definitely learnt from it. They hadn't yet introduced parental love, that would be saved until a later date, and same with sibling love. She seemed really excited every time Izuku and Nejire expressed little affections, but soon it became normalized and Eri paid it no mind. 

On his part, Izuku had been informed by his friends that they were doing a musical performance, and unfortunately for him Bakugo had ratted out his musical skills for flute, and showed a clip of Izuku performing at their old school, so now Jiro had written him a part into the performance so he had to practice with the band. Somehow she had written flute into her pop rock piece, and that was pretty impressive in it's own right.

And so he had a solo in the piece. That was not something he was looking forward to. But, he had a feeling a big performance like this could help Eri finally break out of the last fragments of her shell. So after negotiating with Aizawa-sensei and Nezu, they had said that Eri would be able to do a trial visit with class 1-A whilst Izuku's parents were there as well to introduce other caretakers and introduce her to more concepts. So the first event, was the 1-A visit.

It was decided that she would go to 3-A's dorm to sleep the night as well before returning to the hospital for her final examinations and clearance to leave.

But for now, Mirio, Tamaki and Nejire were running around the class 1-A dorm with the help of Izuku's adoptive parents, brother, Yaoyorozu and his other friendship group (Iida and Todoroki, unfortunately Yoarashi was busy today) were currently getting the dorm into shape whilst Izuku and Aizawa-sensei picked her up and brought her to Nezu.

Izuku had Eri on his shoulders who had wrapped her arms around the top of his head for balance. It was an adorable little sight.

Her eyes gleamed as she looked around the school with wonder, seeing some of the work being done for the school's festival occurring. There were many students from the business course running around and setting up stalls, along with some of the other hero classes setting up various performances, such as 1-B setting up their play. Most of 1-A were already prepared, it was just Mina forcing the dance troupe to do some extra along with the effects team doing some last minute testing.

But that wasn't the point, currently they were in the elevator to the top floor, where Nezu had his office. It didn't take them long to reach the doors, where Aizawa-sensei was about to knock but Nezu opened it last moment. 

Izuku's homeroom teacher jumped slightly when the door swung open as did Eri, however Izuku knew this was relatively normal behaviour as Nezu welcomed them in.

"Welcome, welcome,  please take a seat! Tea?" Nezu asked as he hopped over to his own seat on the opposite side of the small conference table with a teapot in his paws. He poured four cups of tea and placed one in front of each of the other room's recipients. Eri took a look at the warm liquid, sipped it, before pushing it away.