Chapter 40 - Return

Izuku had been released from the hospital finally. Although he was almost completely healed, his energy stores seemed to be damaged, albeit temporarily. Chances are it would exponentially increase though, along with his output. But for now, he would be restricted from being allowed to do any physical training, and Nejire had promised to Izuku (read threatened) that she would keep him from doing anything even remotely resembling that.

Regardless, he was in his mother's car as she drove him back to the dorms, the two sharing a comfortable silence. "Oh and sweetie?" She called up as they pulled up to the entrance of U.A, "Take care of that Nejire girl!"

Izuku blushed and nodded, waving his mother goodbye as he got out the car. Once the car left, he walked through the entrance and back towards the dorms. As he walked, he was met with a (gentle) flying hug from Nejire (who proceeded to cling to his arm for the rest of the walk) and a bro hug from both Tamaki and Mirio. 

The group walked together to the 1-A dorms, where Mirio and Tamaki bid the other couple farewell, as they continued towards the 3-A dorms whilst Nejire (still) wouldn't give Izuku's arm back, not until she was sure he was safe. Most of the class were in their dorms doing their own thing, as it was mid-afternoon and no-one wanted to do anything particularly pressing.

However, waiting in the main room for Izuku were Todoroki, Iida, Bakugo and Yaoyorozu. Additionally, Aizawa-sensei was in the kitchen, making himself coffee as he needed to talk to the problem child. But, contrary to popular belief, he wasn't heartless and would let his students (read children) have their moment first.

Anyway, Nejire and Izuku walked through the 1-A dorms where the rest of his friends were waiting. "Hi guys!" He called out, getting their attention. The conversation dropped, before Iida rushed over and began checking over Izuku. Once Izuku reassured Iida that the fussing was unnecessary, Iida straightened himself, before firmly placing his hands on Izuku's shoulders. "Then be more careful!" He yelled at Izuku whilst shaking the boy, who just kind of let it happen whilst Nejire, Yaoyorozu and Bakugo were having their own discussion nearby. Todoroki meanwhile was chuckling quietly under his hand. "I have to agree with Iida Izuku. Please take better care of yourself."
"Hey, I didn't choose to fight All For One!" He exclaimed in defense, putting his hands up.
"You could have left." Todoroki replied, looking blankly at Izuku.
"...anyway, did I miss anything?" Izuku asked the two, who both shook their head, before Izuku snapped his fingers "Oh, you both need to pay up."
"What?!" Iida and Todoroki exclaimed, both surprised. Izuku proceeded to gesture to Bakugo and Yaoyorozu's intertwined hands.

"When was it?" He asked them.
"The night after you were kidnapped, which makes it..." Iida began counting on his fingers.
"My night!" Izuku cut in. Todoroki and Iida tsked and begrudgingly both handed him the appropriate sums of money.
"Yo what the fuck Izuku?!" Bakugo screamed, "At least cut me in some!"
"Fine fine, you get 25%," Izuku responded, handing him some of the bills. Yaoyorozu and Nejire both rolled their eyes as Bakugo pocketed the cash and smirked.

"I still can't believe Iida agreed to betting on this," Todoroki mentioned, and Izuku nodded.
"I... I believed it would have been a worthwhile investment opportunity. It appears I was wrong," Iida said, adjusting his glasses.
"Neither can I." Aizawa-sensei said as he walked into the living room. All students jumped slightly at his sudden presence, as he turned towards Izuku, "Normally I would scold you for running a betting ring around relationships, but the teachers do the same. Anyway, Izuku, welcome back."
"Th-thank you Aizawa-sensei," Izuku replied, still a little taken aback, and mildly unsure, "Is there something you need?"
"Yes actually, you see considering your high intellect from the exams and the... doctor's orders," Aizawa-sensei explained, looking at Nejire when he said the latter part, "you won't be able to participate in the class work for the first few days. So instead, you'll be working with-"
"Me!" Nezu exclaimed, popping out from within Aizawa-sensei's scarf.
"Ah! Principal Nezu sir!" Izuku jumped suddenly and bowed. Aizawa-sensei rolled his eyes and Nezu didn't react as he simply smiled. "Come with me and we'll discuss your training for the first few days!"