Chapter 9 - Adjustments and Arrangements

Izuku woke up the night of the fateful Friday, his head in massive pain and despite the nurse's help, the painkillers he had taken earlier had worn off. He knew this wouldn't last too long, and it could be far worse. He noted that he was still wearing the earmuffs and the blindfold Bakugo had fitted him with earlier, but he wasn't complaining. If it weren't for that he would probably be close to screaming. Eventually, the pain subsided slightly and Izuku found himself drifting gently towards the realm of sleep.

Izuku woke up again in the morning. It wasn't too early, nor was it too late and he appreciated that. Looking over, he saw Recovery Girl preparing a few final tests and a small bag for him. After a few minutes of testing she gave him the all clear, so long as he doesn't push himself too hard today, and handed him the bag. "Painkillers, and some tablets specifically to help with migraines. The migraine may last a while longer, so take one of the tablets before you leave." Recovery Girl explained. Izuku nodded his thanks, and took one of the tablets.

Half an hour later, Izuku was prepared to go home. The moment he reached, he was surrounded in a hug by his adoptive mother, who scolded him for being so reckless whilst also praising him for doing so well. Returning the hug and moving past her, he went to see his brother (who praised and showed concern for him in a uniquely Bakugo way). He chuckled to himself once his brother finished scolding him, as he went to his room to lie down. It was far, far nicer now the migraine was gone, and he caught up on some well needed sleep.

The weekend came and went with Izuku doing most of his studying and work on the second day (he did not want to incur the wrath of Recovery Girl for pushing himself too hard), and soon it was time for school again come Monday. 

There was a mob of press standing at the school gates, all eager to talk to students taught by the one and only All Might, along with news of the attack on the students. Izuku and Kacchan were quickly surrounded, but thankfully Kacchan being Kacchan very quickly warded the reporters off, as they continued on their way.

Stepping into class, he was immediately surrounded by his classmates, all of whom were incredibly concerned. Although he was touched by the kind gesture, he became a nervous wreck very quickly, not able to answer a single question.

Thankfully, Aizawa-sensei saved him from further questioning as the teacher walked in, giving the class the usual annoyed glare despite having the appearance of a mummy. Everyone scurried to their seats, not willing to invoke the wrath of their teacher. 

Once they were all seated, Aizawa-sensei started with an announcement, "Today for homeroom will be some standard housekeeping. You will be choosing class president and vice-president. I don't care how you do it, so long as it gets done." Aizawa-sensei finished off, before zipping himself up in his sleeping bag.

Not a few seconds after Aizawa-sensei finished speaking, the classroom descended into complete and utter chaos. There was yelling, some students trying to pitch themselves as best candidate (mostly Mineta) and a table being thrown (courtesy of Bakugo). "Everyone! This is an appalling manner to act in!" Iida began, gathering the classes suggestion.
"Well, do you have any ideas on what to do?" Izuku asked, encouraging his classmate to continue.
"We shall hold a democratic vote! Everyone has one vote, in which the person who has the most votes will be the president, and the runner-up the vice president!"
There was a quiet murmuring throughout the class as they considered the suggestion, and Yaoyorozu handily provided a box up the front, and voting cards for each student.

After much deliberation, Izuku had placed his voting card in the box. Both Yaoyorozu and Iida were good contenders, with Yaoyorozu being incredibly resourceful and Iida being a commanding presence, but in the end he figured that commanding presence and fixated alignment with the rules would be perfect qualities for a president, and there was no doubt that some of the other students would vote for the former.