Chapter 3 - Day Zero

Izuku and Bakugo were so similar right now, it scared the teachers, let alone their classmates. Bakugo had a scarily calm aura to him, and Izuku was more confident and determined than they had ever seen him. 

They had become so similar, both determined to do something. During the beep test Izuku dropped out early on, whereas Bakugo made it furthest in the class. Bakugo shot a determined look at his brother, both knew exactly what the other was up to.

After all, sparring, arguing, playing and competing with and against each other for their entire life meant you knew basically everything about the other. Then came what they were both looking forward to. The baseball toss.

Bakugo knew the longer Izuku took before his toss, the more power he could store, the further he could toss. But of course, Izuku knew this too and before you could say "You damn nerd!" Izuku and his motor mouth had secured last throw. He smirked at Bakugo, with a look in his eyes seemingly teasing him. Bakugo shot back a look that, quite simply, said "Get fucked – Sincerely your brother" which was his normal look but with slightly more aggression whilst also having slightly more playfulness and friendliness.

On the inside though, Bakugo was panicking. He knew Izuku had been charging for the better part of the last hour, and knew he'd have at least another 15 minutes before it was his turn to toss. Bakugo's mind was spinning, trying to think of something. He had an idea, it was desperate, but it might work. "Oi teach, I'll go before Izuku!" Bakugo called out. He had to plan this carefully, otherwise it wasn't going to work.

"And next we have... Katsuki Bakugo! Do your best, and feel free to use your quirk." the teacher called out. Bakugo knew he had to do this perfectly. He could already feel Izuku's taunting, he could feel the gaze on his back. "Yeah you can keep stalling Bakugo, but you can't stop the inevitable!" Izuku called, reminding Bakugo that the longer he took the more likely he was to lose. A smirk spread across his face, as he screeched at the top of his lungs, powering his quirk in his hand as the ball left. A fraction of a second too late for his liking, but he knew it was too late to go again. He launched the ball hard, the quirk propelling it. There was a brief cloud of smoke, and the ball was nowhere to be found. "713 metres." the teacher called out.
"Hell yeah, beat that Izuku!" He screeched, only to be met with a gentle, but determined smile from his adopted brother.
"Oh, I will."

Izuku moved to the throwing block, he had been charging for about an hour now. Nowhere near his capacity, and he couldn't dedicate everything to charging as he knew it would reveal the surprise early. 

He smirked as he could feel arcs of lightning coming off his arm, with flashes of green in his vision. He heard the shocked gasps off his classmates and teacher, Bakugo excluded (who promptly yelled at them to shut up cause they were nothing but extras), but did his best to ignore it. 

Time slowed down, he could feel his anxiety rise, slightly changing his plans. He could feel the power coursing through his right arm, up until the moment of release. He knew Bakugo sensed this as he heard a grunt from his adoptive brother, but he still threw the ball. Hard. Far. The lightning had not only given him speed, but strength, and with that he launched the ball. 

Moments after release he shut his quirk off again, shooting a smirk at his brother. "Izuku, you got... 714?!" the teacher called out in surprise. His smirk only grew, has his brother admitted defeat.
"God damn it, fine, you win." Bakugo said, sticking out his hand.
Izuku responded with a fist bump instead "No need for the formalities, just do better next time." He replied with a gentle smile.
"Don't need to tell me that nerd!" Bakugo replied with a wide smirk. No matter how much of an effect he had on Izuku, he was still Izuku regardless.

Thankfully for his anxieties, Izuku managed to dodge a majority of questions, and Bakugo's presence definitely did ward off a majority of them to begin with. They were getting the stuff from their lockers, knowing they wouldn't have another day here. Leaving the locker lifeless and empty was a different sensation for both of them, but it was all put down to the same thing. Time for high school.

On the way home Bakugo and Izuku talked about their plans for the next few months. Izuku was lost in thought when it hit him. Rather when she hit him. He felt a rush of air, and in the few seconds he managed to turn around and brace himself, some of the lightning arcing off of his legs as he braced against the ground, and some off of his arms as he prepared to catch her. Time had seemed to slow throughout that, and suddenly it sped up again, and she crashed into him.

Thankfully from his quirk Izuku didn't completely crash into the ground, but only barely as he felt the strain on his legs. Looking down at the person who crashed into him, he didn't see much more than blue hair, and what appeared to be a UA uniform. 

He could hear Bakugo stifling his laughter as Izuku began to go red, but he was quick to suppress his emotions before asking if whoever crashed into him was okay. "Yeah I'm okay! My name is Nejire Hado-" she broke off with a yawn. Izuku saw this and gently put her down but she seemed like she would collapse any moment.
"Ugh, I don't wanna see your sad ass attempt to flirt, I'll see you when you get home Izuku!" Bakugo called out over his shoulder, a smirk broadening across his face.
"Y-y-yeah okay, I-I-I'll see you later." Izuku called back in response. Izuku could feel his tiredness increasing as he had used his quirk more than usual. Making a mental note to improve his stamina whilst using his quirk throughout the day, he prodded the girl who had just crashed. "Hado-senpai, do you need help getting back to UA?" He asked, surprisingly confidently.
"Yeah, that'd be great but yo-" she broke off again, yawning as she collapsed towards him, her hair wrapping around herself.

Luckily with his quirk the journey was quite quick, and using slightly enhanced strength he was easily able to pull her onto his back and dart through the streets towards the imposing hilltop school. 

He had made it to the entrance, where there was a cartoonish blonde boy and a shy, slightly emo, boy both anxiously waiting, along with an incredibly tired looking teacher. They saw flashes of green from the corner of their eyes as the greenette gently placed the periwinkle blue haired girl next to them, before using the remainder of his energy to get the hell out of there. He had recognised the teacher and was afraid the teacher would recognise him from his nightly... adventures.

The teacher noticed the flash of green but brushed it off, but soon noticed the girl lying there peacefully, delicately placed on the ground. He smirked, he had a pretty good idea of what happened but quickly wiped it off his face before the other two started asking questions. They had their focus directed towards the girl, who they carefully carried to recovery girl. She soon awoke, her first batch of questions were swift but all related to what just happened.
"Where am I? What happened to the boy who helped me? I wonder what his quirk was, it looked cool. Did Aizawa-sensei scare him off?" The boys and teachers did their best to answer as many of her questions, but she noticed Aizawa's deadpan expression had shifted slightly whenever she mentioned the boy. She was about to let the second batch fire off before the boys and recovery girl told her she needed rest. 'I just hope I can see him once he gets to UA. He referred to my name with formality, so he probably isn't in high school yet, but recognised the uniform so he definitely wants to come here.' She thought to herself, absentmindedly nodding along to Recovery Girl's and Aizawa-sensei's scolding.

Izuku, who had now made it home to be scolded by his adoptive mother, who was interrupted by Katsuki. "Oi old hag! He was busy helping someone out!" Katsuki called down the stairs, in his ever so loving manner. Despite her glare at her biological child, his mum softened her gaze to Izuku. "Alright then, well, just be careful and let me know next time." She told, to which he swiftly nodded in response. He then, using the last of his energy, dragged himself to his room and collapsed on the bed. 

He reached out to his notebook, where he started a sketch of the girl he saw today, along with predictions of her quirk and what it would seem she'd be able to do. Based on her tiredness, he could tell that she, similar to him, used her stamina and energy to power her quirk. He soon fell asleep, the notebook in his left hand and pencil in his right. It had been an alright start to the month, but there was only so long before the entrance exam.

Green Lightning God: Midori RaikoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara