Chapter 5 - The Entrance Exams

"Hey, you ready? You ready yet? Hurry up Katsuki you slow-"
"Slow your motor mouth please, not everyone has that kind of energy at this time in the morning," Katsuki cut his brother off before he could keep going. There had only been one other time Izuku was like this, when they were bored out of his mind on a pupil free day, and Izuku had managed to charge his quirk above 80% capacity. 

Normally he didn't dedicate this much energy to the charging of his quirk and normally it would be used throughout the day, but with the entrance exams only two hours away, Izuku was suffering, well not suffering but experiencing, one of the side effects of his quirk. High levels of charge would often spill over into his personality, sending him into a slight overdrive of curiosity, analysis and giving him excess energy if he weren't caring enough to control it. 

Izuku chuckled nervously and apologised, as he stood there waiting nervously. Katsuki just laughed and slapped his rival, best friend, and brother on the back, dissipating the tension in the green haired boy's shoulders. "Let's get going then motor mouth!"

Izuku still had the energetic air to him, even though he managed to control his motor mouth somewhat more successfully. Somewhat. Unfortunately, that didn't really help him as in his hurry to get inside he managed to trip up on the steps. Well then. 

He was never going to live this down, no matter how well he did on the entrance exam. He sighed in defeat as he watched the ground come up towards his face. Maybe it would be his friend. 

Suddenly, he felt a weightlessness as he stopped falling, mere centimetres from crashing into the ground. He tried to turn around before he felt himself being tipped, and the feeling of gravity returning. He landed on his feet as he saw a brunette girl with short hair who had just started pulling her hand back from him. "Sorry for using my quirk on you, but it would probably be bad luck to fall over today!" She told him.
"T-t-thank you," Izuku stuttered despite his energy. He could see out of the corner of his eye his brother smirking. Great. He definitely wasn't going to hear the end of this, especially if this got to their mother. "Well, good luck in the test!" The girl called out before continuing on her way. Izuku lightly zapped his brother to wipe that smirk off his face, before continuing on too.

The pair made it to the location of the debriefing, where they picked seats and flipped through the brochure. They were flipping through the brochure and listening to Present Mic's instructions. 

Suddenly a blue haired boy with square glasses called out, "Sir! You mentioned 3 robots but, on the brochure, there are 4! This is not a good look for such a prestigious school!" he took a break before continuing, "And you there, with the green hair and lightning! If you are trying to intimidate and distract people you should not be here!" he finished, directing it at Izuku with a sharp glare. The green haired boy responded with a yelp and rapid-fire apologies and quickly suppressed it; in his planning he had stopped paying attention to his quirk which had begun arcing due to his excess energy. The blue hair boy grunted as an acknowledgement and turned back towards Present Mic, who explained that there is one more type of robot that is not worth points. Luckily for the blue haired boy, he missed the glare of pure death Katsuki was giving off. Present Mic finished his talk, and everyone received directions. "Oi motor mouth! I'm gonna blow your score away with mine!" Kacchan challenged. Izuku smirked and responded with a fist bump and a simple statement, "Bring it spiky hair."

Katsuki looked at the giant gates to enter into the environment he was assigned. It was a city of sorts, with large buildings and lengthy alleyways. He, along with the other participants assigned to this area, were handed a map with the layout of the buildings, and nothing more.