Chapter 63 - Glancing Blows

Izuku gave a slight wave to Hawks as he flew away from the rubble in which the Nomu was currently buried under. A feeling of dread settled in his stomach that was quickly crushed whilst he began pooling a large amount of charge into his right arm, his left hand gripping his right elbow to stabilise himself.

His eyes were charged as he was watching for any form of movement within the concrete dust from the collapsed building. A slight wind swept through the area, blowing the dust towards Izuku who had to shield his face and eyes with his left arm but kept the right arm raised with a steadily building charge. 

He felt the sting of the concrete dust on his open palm, but he was soon distracted by a loud crashing sound, followed by an ear-piercing shriek. "Izuku, are you sure about this?" A voice rang out from his earpiece, distinctly Nezu. In the background he knew were several other teachers but all remained deathly silent.

"There's no other choice. Do you have the stats?" Izuku responded, referring to some information he had asked for already on his flight over.

"We're working on it."

"Alright. Keep me up to date." 

Nezu would've responded the same, but with the news coverage, it was already done for him. The nation had stopped to watch, a tense silence that hovered over Japan with one unspoken question.

"Will he win?"

Because no-one knew what would happen if he didn't. And survival... survival was in but a few minds.

Back at U.A, the teacher's conference room was a deathly silence, each teacher pulling whatever strings they could to get the information Izuku requested, effectively turning into what only the smartest of heroes used their agencies' for; information gathering and communication at the hero's request. And currently, the hero fighting for everyone needed all the help he could get. Luckily for him, some of the foremost and most interconnected individuals in hero society were on his info team. 

Yagi Toshinori, formerly All Might, was effectively lending his pull power to each individual teacher and their connections to bring information that may otherwise remain behind any restriction, Nezu being the head communicator summarising all the information for Izuku. Aizawa was helping with strategic analysis whilst Cementoss assisted with defensive manoeuvres. A few teachers were glued to the news, watching as it went down and relaying information to the others whilst everyone else was on research duty.

In all, the teacher's were incredibly tense, but doing their best to support the current star student.

Comparatively, the students were a mess. Whilst most students outside of 3-A and 1-A were not directly involved with Izuku, save for Hastume and Shinso who were both stressed the hell out and, in Hatsume's case, she had very few friends outside of Izuku and Shinso so she and the purple haired boy were in the workshop, side by side as Hatsume stress tinkered and Shinso was pacing.

1-A dorms were chaos, but not in the usual dysfunctional yet functional family sense. Instead, several students were stress eating, Yaoyorozu was doing her best to make Bakugo relax before he blew something else up (no-one was blaming him for the dishwasher, they intended to see if they could get a new one anyway because half the time the bloody thing didn't work). 

Iida was almost literally sprinting across the living room floor and Todoroki was being calmed by Inasa. Several other members of the class were pacing, along with some who were using stress balls provided by Yaoyorozu, who was also using one.

Unsurprisingly, the news was on T.V, the volume up to the max to see if they could hear anything going on (which they could in snippets), with the newscasters silent at the gravity of the situation.