Chapter 18 - Internships; Patrolling in Hosu

Izuku and Tokoyami stumbled back to Hawks' agency building, their calves completely thrashed from the non-stop racing they had to do. They had to race each other, race Hawks' feathers, even race Hawks himself... more than once. They did not win once. Although Izuku came closest of the two interns. He was only 15 seconds behind Hawks.

Hawks meanwhile, was having some ice-cream as he casually flew down the street, the odd loop-the-loop as he waited for the two students to catch up. "You two were pretty good today, but if you're already exhausted you're gonna struggle to be heroes!" Hawks called out to the heroes in training. The two seemed to pep up after this, forcing themselves through the soreness and speeding up to catch up with the pro-hero. "That's the spirit! Now come on, let's pick up a light lunch somewhere to eat back at the agency. Let's gooooo!"

The two U.A students each had some form of a meal picked up from somewhere, and both were fairly hungry, but didn't feel like throwing up during whatever 'training' Hawks had planned for the pair. Incidentally, the training happened to be strength training that involved a variety of strength from quirks, and raw strength that made both of them so sore it no longer hurt, and they felt like they were walking in honey by the end of it.

After several days with a mix of speed, reflex and strength training both boys would comfortably say they've improved drastically in all areas, whether or not their quirks were active. On this fateful day, Hawks informed the U.A students that they would be travelling to a different prefecture to patrol for the night, as to immerse them in a completely new environment whilst still tending to civilians. Hawks' rules for quirk usage was standard, except this time they would not be all sticking together. As such, they each had an earpiece and if someone was to engage in a combat situation involving they would need to immediately inform the others and disengage or defuse the situation unless their or someone else's life was at stake.

Regardless, they were meant to arrive in their location come next morning, taking an overnight train through Hosu. 'Hosu...' Izuku was lost in thought as the trio boarded the train, when Tokoyami spoke up. "Iida is interning with someone here, isn't he? The normal hero or something like that?"
"A-a-ah, yeah, I believe it was with Manual..." Izuku replied, a finger on his chin as he racked his memory, "I hope he's alright considering the Hero Killer: Stain is currently active in the area."
"Oh yeah Stain! Totally forgot about that guy!" Hawks interjected, "Maybe we just get off here and go hun-"

Hawks joke proposal was suddenly cut off as a large creature came crashing through the side of the train. The trio began moving on instinct, Hawks moved to minimize the creature's damage and try and defeat it whilst the students moved to evacuate and protect civilians. "Well, guess we're getting off here then!" Hawks joked as he sliced the creature enough to make it sufficiently incapacitated. The two U.A students had finished helping civilians and came to stand with their mentor, overlooking the city on flames. "Alright, plan and rules stay the same, except we're getting off here. So split up, keep an eye on your location if you need help and get all the experience you can. Good luck Tsukoyomi and Midori Raiko. Remember, speed is key. Let's Go!" 

With those parting words, the trio dived out of the train, landing seamlessly as though they hadn't just jumped from the height of a three story building. Hawks went directly towards the source flames whilst the two students split off in different directions, skirting the edges and assisting with evacuation efforts. 'But with the cover of the chaos... now would be a perfect time for' Izuku's eyes widened with realization as he let his lightning fully envelop his figure. 'Stain normally strikes in alleyways, and considering the sharpness of my movements I can bounce through alleys until I find them... please stay safe Iida...'

After bouncing from building to building, scanning each alleyway as he went. He finally saw Stain, and Izuku propelled himself off the building faster than he had ever moved before.