Chapter 16 - Internships; Train Like There's No Tomorrow!

Bakugo was completely beat. In many, many ways. 

On one hand, he was completely and utterly mentally drained after listening to an hour long lecture from Best Jeanist about presentation. However, it was only the presentation of his hair. He dreaded to hear what the pro-hero had to say about the rest of his appearance, let alone his personality.

Additionally, Bakugo needed to have his hair changed by one of Best Jeanist's sidekicks, thus making his hair completely beat and he wouldn't dare look in the mirror for a long time to come, especially considering the sheer amount of gel that was somehow being absorbed by his hair.

And then, once Best Jeanist finished talking and realised Bakugo hadn't listened to a single word of his lecture, he then invited Bakugo for a no holds-barred, one-on-one training spar.

Bakugo, unsurprisingly, accepted with a "Fuck yeah!" (to which he was whacked on the head for his use of explicit language) and the two of them headed to the agency's gym. It was small, but there was a small dedicated sparring ring that would serve their purposes.

And he proceeded to get his ass completely beat into the ground, with his pride not so far from it. His pride soon followed after he was utterly defeated for a fourth time. "So, will you listen and learn now?" Best Jeanist asked sternly, standing completely untouched.

The two had just completed several sparring bouts, all involving some variation of the same thing. Bakugo trying something, only to get his ass kicked. 

Initially, Bakugo went in with an explosion propelled right hook, which was caught at the last moment by Best Jeanist who quickly spun Bakugo around before the U.A student could react, and thus he flew out of the ring.

Similarly, when Bakugo tried flying over Best Jeanist the pro-hero dashed forward, grabbing Bakugo by his feet and slamming him down and out of the ring.

His third attempt involved trying to attack from a range, but before he could even align his hands to aim for an explosion, Best Jeanist had caught on and ran forward, pushing Bakugo's arms away and simply shoving them out of the ring.

The fourth and final attempt Bakugo simply tried to propel himself directly at Best Jeanist with explosions from his feet and back pushing him forward. Only to be met with a harsh kick to the side of his head and a punch straight into his gut firmly flinging Bakugo out of the ring, curled over in pain.

And so they were at this point, Bakugo humiliated by the pro-hero who had not once used his quirk during their bouts. Stifling a cough and swallowing the iron tang of blood, Bakugo stood up and glared at the pro-hero before him. 'This is the strength of a pro. Raw power and incredible technique from years of battle after battle after fucking battle. An incredibly deep chasm to cross to stand and fight alongside, let alone against. This is the shit I came here to do.' "I'll listen to your fucking lectures if you actually teach me how to fight." Bakugo replied.
"...very well. That is probably the best outcome we can get out of you anyway. Come along then, and I'll teach you how to throw a proper punch." Best Jeanist replied, walking over to some of the bags.
"I FUCKING KNOW HO-"
"Any punk can throw a punch. The good ones can throw a proper punch, honed by training and discipline. Whilst you know how to punch, you still have a long way to go before you can punch strong. Think All Might just tosses his fists around?"
"...fucking fine, I'll let you teach me how to punch. Better?"
"Eh, good enough."

And so Bakugo's internship of hell started. Best Jeanist explained that whilst Bakugo had a good instinct for combat, it was only that. Instinct. "You will become stronger by not becoming physically stronger, but by learning to fight better. An equal split of fighting with better technique, and fighting smarter." Best Jeanist told him as they approached some training dummies (despite Best Jeanist's insistence that his sidekicks should not be referred to as training dummies just because they would help teach Bakugo to fight, Bakugo refused to cease).