Chapter 2 - Gotta keep moving

Fast forwarding a couple years, and we can see our aspiring hero brothers on their last day of middle school. Their bond grew, and despite the unique family dynamic they had Izuku would happily call himself a Bakugo if it didn't raise so many questions. It was one of the final tests before the end of the year. Izuku then did something he had only done once before. He used his quirk in class.

It was a fairly simple maths test, but the way it worked was that there were 100 questions, and you would only be marked on those you attempted. Of course, you had to do a minimum of 20 and it was incredibly rare, maybe once every few years, someone would get around to completing all of them, and rarer still someone would get it all right. Let alone at the speed Izuku was going at.

Most of the class watched in amazement as Izuku's eyes began to seemingly crackle with a green lightning, and his hand had a few streaks of lightning in it too. His floppy green hair began to lighten and stand on edge as he blitzed through the test (and most of his pencil) in a matter of minutes. 

Bakugo, sitting behind him, simply smirked as he watched the class's reaction. He also knew there was a part of the quirk they couldn't see, that Izuku was using it to speed up his thought process. He watched as the greenette quickly and quietly finished the test, handed it to the teacher and return to his desk where he began idly playing with the smoky remnants of his pencil. Everyone looked at each other in shock, before remembering that they had a test to do.

Bakugo remembered their last sparring session where Izuku seemingly developed a new quirk all together, with inhuman reactions. He brushed it off initially, but when the news later came on with reports of a villain attack and his mumbling had reached a whole new level of motor mouth he set a small blast off next to the boy to startle him and told him to spill (the new information, not the drink. That was already spilt). 

What Izuku explained was that by directing some of the lightning to his sensory organs and brain, or mouth in this instance, he could accelerate them the way he could accelerate and enhance his other muscles.

Back at the test, Izuku was starting to yawn. The speed at which he made himself move was excessive, along with needing to make sure his eyes and mind could keep up with it, especially considering how little charge he had to run off of. The school day had only just begun. That's when he remembered. 

He was in class. Suddenly he couldn't help but feel like wanting to melt through the floor. Maybe an invisibility quirk would've suited him better. But he did his best to ignore his internal worries as he focused on keeping his eyes open. He still had half a school day to go through. Great.

As soon as the rest of the class finished their tests, they directed their gaze to the now incredibly sleepy boy. Luckily for him, the attention was the perfect way to wake him back up. And remind him why he didn't use his quirk at school. He heard Bakugo whisper something in his ear, but he didn't register it. He was too busy panicking. At least until he felt an explosion next to his ear. 

"Oi nerd! You finally manned up enough to show it eh?!" Bakugo... berated? They interacted... peculiarly with each other, but they seemed happy and the class didn't mind.
"Y-y-yeah I guess..." Izuku whispered in response. Bakugo proceeded to slap his back with a slight explosion.
"Took ya long enough!" He continued, startling the greenette.
"Yeah no thanks to a certain spiky haired blonde." Izuku snapped back. Bakugo smirked, his brother was back to himself and no longer dying of embarrassment. The class and teacher were baffled by their behaviour. They just sat there watching until Bakugo called out to them "Oi you extras are gonna catch flies with your mouths like that!", snapping them back into reality. "SINCE WHEN DID YOU HAVE SUCH A POWER- oi wait where'd the green haired boy go?" One of Bakugo's "friends" shouted. All that was left of the boys however, was a the faint noise of crackling lightning and the echoes of explosions.

The two had raced to the next class, the final class for the day. Bakugo noticed his brother still drowsy, if somewhat more alert. They had a P.E examination this lesson, with a twist to the normal ones. They could use their quirks, as long as they don't hurt anyone or damage anything. Whilst this did slightly irritate Bakugo, he was curious as to how his brother would treat it, considering that he just exposed his quirk to the school.

Meanwhile Izuku was doing his best to not panic and just focus on charging his quirk. From what he knew the P.E examination was nothing more than a beep test and a baseball toss. The simple stuff. He should be able to get away without using his quirk, right? He then looked over at his brother, who was smirking back at him. "Hey, wanna bet I'll throw further than you?" Bakugo challenged, trying to entice him to actually try his hardest. Izuku knew this, but wasn't going to let his brother better him this time. Today would be day zero of the new him. Well, sort of. The more confident him. Marginally, but still. "You're on." Izuku plainly responded.