Big Dismay

You did well on your midterms, and now it was a few days before Professor Bitch's birthday, and you all planned to give her a happy birthday present, and maybe even pair her up with your uncle.

You did not like the idea of her getting with your uncle, but you had no choice to obey.

You also chipped in 500 yen (5 USD), hoping that would be enough for you. 

It was the end of the day on Professor Bitch's birthday, and as soon as you started packing up, Kayano came up to your desk.

"(Y/N)! Come, we have something to do." She dragged you out the classroom and out the campus, and Nagisa, Okuda, Sugino, Kanzaki, and Karma also followed.

"Wait, where are we going?" You asked.

"We're just gonna go out and see if we can find something for her. We're not sure where we're headed exactly at the moment, but we'll try to find something." She told you.

You continued to follow the group, and you guys briefly stopped when Sugino got a phone call from Maehara, and he told you guys that Professor Bitch and your uncle has been separated. 

"Professor Bitch probably already got just about every gift there is." Sugino put his phone back in his pocket.

"It's a tough one." Kayano rubbed her chin.

"She practically owns everything, too." You added.

"The class pitched in 5,607 (56.07 USD) yen." Nagisa said as he held the brown envelope that held the money in his hands. "Will that even get us a present for a grown woman?"

"Hey, you guys!" You heard a man's voice and looked up to see the same guy who called an ambulance from the day when the elderly man got hurt. "Did everything turn out okay? You know, with the old guy's leg?"

"Thanks so much for your help. He managed to forgive us." Nagisa thanked him. 

"Ah, I'm glad it wasn't anything serious." The guy said. "And now you'd like to find a gift, something for a grown-up?"

"Oh, yes." Kanzaki said.

"How about something like this?" He handed a red rose for Kanzaki to look at.

"I get it: a bouquet!" Kayano said.

"In an age where we have our pic of presents, why do you think flowers are still a popular go-to gifts?" The flower guy questioned, and you all tilted your head. "It's not just about heart. Their color, shape, fragrance-- and their impermanence makes them a perfect match for the human instinct." 

"Wow, that's a pretty persuasive!" Okuda put her hands together.

"A very fine speech indeed..." Karma agreed. "If only you weren't holding a calculator." He smirked.

"Well, uh, it is a business..." He scratched the back of his head. "So, what'll it be? It's flowery fate! I'll even cut you a deal." You all looked at each other in agreement, and nodded.

You all headed back to the campus with a bouquet of roses, and went inside of the staff's room, and saw your uncle at his desk.

"Uh, Mr. Karasuma? Can you give this to Professor Bitch? It's a bouquet, and it's her birthday." Nagisa said.

"A bouquet for Irina's birthday? Why me? She'd be happier to get it from you." He said.

That was probably not true, since she was always trying to get his attention, and she'd be a lot happier if your uncle gave it to her instead.

Oh my goodness... He is so dense...

"Mr. Karasuma, if you consider that bitch a vital asset, wouldn't winning your colleague over be a big part of your job?" Karma asked. "Oh, and let's not tell her who got the bouquet."